- Monday, September 17: Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
- Wednesday, September 19: PBIS Store- Don’t forget your Russell Bucks!
- Monday-Friday, September 24-28: Fall Break-No school
- Monday, October 1: PE Night 6-7:30 PM
- Friday, October 5: Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, October 11: Early Release Day
- Monday-Friday, October 15-19: Conference Week- Early Release Days
- Friday, October 19: Fall Festival
- Wednesday, October 24: PBIS Store- Don’t forget your Russell Bucks!
- In-House Field Trip on October 29; Please send in money and form by Friday, September 21!
- Clubs are up and running! If your student is in a club, make sure they stay when they have a meeting.
- Look out for more information for Conference Week, October 15-19.
What are we learning this month?
- Reading: This month, we will be primarily reading informational and nonfiction texts. We will focus on asking and answering questions about the text, determining main idea and using text features to locate information. In grammar, we will be working on verbs and verb tenses, along with adding suffixes to words.
- Writing: This month in writing, our focus will be on informational writing. Students will work on writing texts with clear organization, relevant facts, definitions, and details. They will also need to use linking words and phrases. We will also be building students’ stamina as writers.
- Math: This month, we will continue to work on the relationship between multiplication and division. We will use properties of operations, multiply by multiples of 10, and use multiplication and division to solve two-step word problems.
- Science: This month, we will continue to investigate and explore rocks, soil, and fossils.
- Social Studies: This month, we will begin to learn about early American Indian cultures.