What are we learning in the 3rd grade?
Reading: We will be looking at ourselves as readers and working on establishing good reading habits.
- Describing characters in a story
- Determining the reader’s point of view from that of the narrator
- Compare and contrast key details/themes between two texts
Writing: Students will be using the writing process to write opinion essays. In addition, students will:
- Continue to work on mastering the conventions of writing: capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
- Work on grammar skills: adjectives, adverbs, and conjunctions.
Science: We will be studying:
- The effects of pollution and humans on the environment.
- Adaptations of plants and animals in the different regions of Georgia, and how those adaptations help ensure the survival of those plants and animals.
Social Studies: Students will be studying:
- How the physical geography of the colonies helped to determine economic activities.
- The factors that shaped British Colonial America.
- Define and give examples of the four productive resources.
Math: Students will work on:
- Determining the unknown in multiplication and division sentences.
- Solving 2-step word problems using all four operations.
- Understanding, explaining, and generating data using fractions.
- Partition shapes into equal parts and express the area of each part.