Hey guys! Don’t forget about your Unit 3 SS8H2 Test on Tuesday! Make flashcards with your vocab words and focus on the following:
Reasons for exploration
Reasons for colonizing Georgia (not the 3 gs)
People involved in colonizing Georgia
*You will get a Study Guide Monday that is due Tuesday before we begin the test. If you do the study guide, you will succeed on the test!
Please support the GMS Foundation and help us better serve your student!
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County School District to fund elements of education such as technology enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional faculty and capital improvements.
This year the Foundation hopes to raise enough money to purchase:
– 58 laptops for the ELA classes
– 2 laptop carts for teachers transport and charge the laptops
– 52 iPad tubs for teachers to transport and charge iPads
How can YOU help or get involved?
– Donate to the Give 2 Griffin Annual Fund by:
- Completing the donation form you received in the mail and either mailing it to the school in the self-addressed envelope provided or having your student turn it in to his/her teacher
- Donating directly online at www.cobbk12.org/griffin/foundation
– Go to our Spirit Night at:
- AR Workshop (DIY creative session) Wednesday, Sept. 12th 6:30 pm (this is limited to 30 people)
- US Cafe Thursday, November 29th . 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t forget to complete your study brochures for your test tomorrow.
SS8G1=Georgia’s geography (Regions and Features)
SS8H1a=American Indians characteristics
Want to retake the Geography quiz? Make sure you complete a “Request to Retest” form in the green crate and complete the additional assignment below.
Auditory Flashcard Station
You will have a quiz Tuesday over SS8G1 the Geography of Georgia. This is worth 70% of your grade. Look over your note sheet. We will review Monday in class.
I am so glad you all are in my class! It’s going to be a great year, I can tell already! IF you have questions, Concerns, Comments, or requests, please email me anytime ([email protected]) I have also linked the syllabus and the Parent Survey in this post that I required every student to have signed.
GS Syllabus 18-19 Lacey
Parent Survey Homework