- DGP Week 11, Day 1
- Began taking notes on Argumentative Vocabulary
Homework- No homework. Enjoy your Snow Day off!
***Also, if any parent is willing to donate a box or two of Kleenex to my classroom, it would be greatly appreciated. We are still in the “Sniffles” part of the year and allergy season will be here soon too, and I am completely out of Kleenex for the kids. Thank you in advance to any who will donate.***
- Turn in your Valentine’s Day sheet from yesterday
- Using the notes from last week, complete the 2 sheet packet on commas that I gave today.
Homework- Finish the Valentine’s Day sheet and turn it in if you did not turn it in today. Also, finish the comma packet given to you today. Use your notes from last week to help you.
- DGP Week 10, Day 4
- As a class, we continued the notes on comma rules (just a tiny bit to finish tomorrow)
Homework- Be ready for the DGP Quiz over weeks 9 & 10 on Wednesday next week. No notes are allowed to be used for the quiz this time.
- DGP Week 10, Day 3
- As a class, we continued the notes on comma rules.
Homework- Be ready for the DGP Quiz over weeks 9 & 10 on Wednesday next week. No notes on the quiz this time.
- DGP Week 10, Day 2
- As a class, we began completing notes on comma rules.
Homework- None, but be aware that next week we will review for the DGP Quiz over weeks 9 & 10 on Tuesday and take the quiz on Wednesday. No notes on the quiz this time.
- DGP Week 10, Day 1
- As a class, we cleaned out our notebooks and portfolios to start the 2nd semester fresh. Along those lines, please check that your students are still well stocked with pencils and notebook paper. Many students are coming to class unprepared.
- Students began their journal writing prompt. See below for the topic:
- Blocks 1, 2, & 3:
Choose one of the topics below to write a complete paragraph. Make sure to include a topic sentence that restates the prompt, three supporting details, and a concluding sentence.
- Blocks 4 & 5:
Choose one of the topics below to write a complete paragraph. Make sure to include a topic sentence that restates the prompt, five supporting details, and a concluding sentence.
- TOPICS for ALL BLOCKS:
- 1. What is the most important part of being a good friend? Why?
- 2. Would you rather spend time relaxing by yourself or with a group of friends? Why?
- 3. Think about a few of your friends. What do you think they would say is the best thing about being friends with you? Why?
Homework- Finish the journal writing assignment on notebook paper if not completed in class today.
- DGP Week 9, Day 5
- Turn in Figurative Language Notes from Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday plus the Figurative Language worksheet from class on Thursday.
- Complete the Figurative Language quiz (if you were absent, please be ready when you return to make this up.)
Homework- None, have a great weekend!
- DGP Week 9, Day 4
- Discuss what the set up for the quiz will be
- Complete the packet on Figurative Language
- Went over the answers to most of the packet
Homework- Finish the packet if not completed in the class. The Figurative Language Quiz is tomorrow, Friday, Jan 11th.