Our Foundation ensures that our Buccaneers and teachers have what they need in order to learn and to teach! The last time Mt. Bethel received funds to refresh computer labs, laptop carts, classroom technology, printers, and copiers, the budget was not as much as we needed to ensure equity across the building.
Our Foundation stepped up and partnered with the CCSD Budget and provided funds to ensure the following:
- ALL classrooms have a designated printer
- Labs and Media Center have a high-volume color printer
- Additional copiers
- Additional laptops for carts and classroom usage
- Additional laminators
This hardware is appreciated and ensures the day-to-day business of preparing lessons takes place.
Additionally, our Foundation presented two exemplary texts to each teacher to help better differentiate instruction in reading and writing. Jennifer Seravallo’s Reading Strategies and Writing Strategies books contain focused lessons that teachers can use to run strategy groups or individual writing conferences. Each of Seravallo’s books helps our teachers “crack the code” on how to move students forward in literacy!
All materials in the STEM Labs are funded by the Foundation – including furniture, robots, STEM-based games, building materials, coding supplies, & consumables.
Opportunities for staff training are abundant because of our Foundation. In the last several years, our Foundation has funded:
- Gifted Certification for over a dozen staff members
- Kagan Learning Engagement Strategies Workshop
- Week Long Reading and Writing Workshop Institutes provided by Columbia Teachers College
- Microsoft Innovative Educator for over 60 staff members
- Picademy – Professional Development in Raspberry Pi @ University of Michigan for Mrs. Reyes
- Orton-Gillingham phonics & reading training for all K-5 teachers with continued coaching
- Orton-Gillingham math training for all K/1, small group, and AC math teachers
- STEM Training at GTRI: The Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Speech GOSSLP Conference for Speech Teacher
The tangible resources coupled with the vast amount of professional learning our Foundation provides make Mt. Bethel the best place to teach, learn and lead!