Today we reviewed for the Chapter test. Please complete review packet and study for homework tonight.
This week in Spanish III we are continuing with Subjunctive.
9/17 Monday- Introduced 4.1 Subjunctive with Emotions, Handed out Unit Oral Presentation (Due Oct 3rd)
9/18 Tuesday- Review subjunctive and work on projects
9/19 Wednesday- Introduce 4.2 Subjunctive; do p.144 Act 1
9/20 Thursday – Review all subjunctive
9/21 Friday- Rough Draft Due for Projects; 2B Classwork
Oct 1- Review for 2B Quiz
Oct 2- 2B Quiz
Oct 3- Oral Presentations Due
Oct 4- Unit 2 Exam
Oct 5- Start Unit 3
This week in Spanish II we are finishing up Unit 2: De Compras. Below is a schedule for the week!
Monday [9/17]- Review over SER & Estar and DOPs (skills check), Unit 2B Open- Note Quiz
Tuesday [9/18]- Students will work on Rough Draft for Unit 2 Project and complete vocab practice handout.
Wednesday [ 9/19]- Work on Unit 2 Projects and turn in Rough Draft! Review for Test!
Thursday [9/20]- Unit 2B Test!
Friday [9/21]- Start Unit 3; Turn in Rough Draft
Oral Project Due Oct 3rd!
For Unit 2 you will have 18 assignments to complete on VHLCentral.com. The deadline is Oct 2nd; if you do not complete these assignments on time, 10 pts will be deducted. This is a classwork grade (completion).
9/12 – Quiz A Review (10%)
9/14- Prueba A (20%)
9/21- Quiz B Review (10%)
10/2- Prueba B (20%)
10/4 – Examen (55%)
If you are new to Wheeler or have never used the VHL Central app, you will need to create a new account. If you do not know how to create an account, you can clip on the “Help” button and it will have instructional videos. VHLCentral.com is the online resource that accompanies the book we will be using in class.
Step 1: Go to VHLCentral.com
Step 2: Click on “Create an Account” – If you already have an account, go to step 4.
Step 3- Add School “Wheeler High School”
Step 4- Add Course
a. For Spanish III- click on the Descubre 2 (orange) book and click on SP III 2nd period.
b. For Spanish II- click on the Descubre 1 (red) book and click on SP II 3rd or SP II 4th period.
Spanish II FAQs
- What is the grade breakdown for the course?
Formative- Daily Work- 10%
Formative- Quizzes- 20%
Summative- Tests and Projects- 55%
Summative- Final Exam- 15%
- Will there be an EOC for the course? No, you will not have an EOC but you will have a Final Exam.
- What is your make-up/ retake policy for assignments?
If you are absent, the school policy applies to daily work and make-up work. Please understand that the course does move at a fast pace and it is best to turn in/make-up assignments as soon as possible. If you are absent on the day of a project, you must make sure that the project is turned in by the due date (If the project is to be presented in class, it is due the day you return to class.). If you are absent on the day of a quiz/test, you will be responsible for making up that quiz/test the day you return.
You will be able to retake a failed Test, and earn up to an 80, but you must retake the quiz before or after school. There will be NO test corrections. Be sure to study and prepare for your tests ahead of time.
- Is there an online resource that goes with the book? Please enroll in the online course through VHLCentral.com (you should already have an account set up from Spanish I). If you have never set up an account, you will need to do that first. If you already have an account, you will just need to sign up for the course. Be sure to click on the Descubre 1 book and enroll in the course titled “SP II 3rd or SP II 4th ” based off the class period. You will be responsible for completing online activities on your own time. These assignments will count as 2 Daily Grades (10%). Your grade will be based on completion of activities.
- What is the cell-phone policy for the class? You should not have your phone out during instructional time, unless you are instructed to do so. You will also not be able to use your phones on quizzes or tests. During tests, you will be instructed to put your phone on the desk, face down. If you touch your phone during a quiz or test, you will be assumed cheating and will receive a zero on the assignment along with a formal office referral.
1st offense- warning
2nd offense- call home
3rd offense- detention
4th offense- Discipline referral
- What is the general curriculum plan per unit?
Each unit is divided into two parts: part A and B. You will generally have a Formative Vocab and Grammar Quiz (10%), Open-Note Quiz (20%), Project (20%) and 2 Unit Tests (55%). You will also have to complete the VHL assignments, which count as 2 daily grades. Generally, there is at least 1 graded assignment per week.
- Where can I access your class blog? Please visit the faculty and staff web page to access my blog.
Tomorrow you will be taking your final exams. Please review over your answers to the study guide.
This week is the last week to retake Unit 4A exam! If you wish to retake 4A or 4B test, please see Mrs. Vazquez. Retakes are after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:00pm in the cafeteria.
Monday- Review comparisons of inequality and equality. Go over irregular comparisons.
Listening activity- vocab practice
*Tonight’s HW : pg 91 Act 1 in workbook and 1/2 sheet vocab practice.
Tuesday- Review ALL comparisons! Unit 4 Video Project Due! D1.4_OralPresentation_2018-11as4bi
Hand out 5A Packet # 2 [ Due Monday, May 7th]
Weds.- Skills check on Comparisons
Thursday- 5A Open- Note Quiz
Friday- 5A Mini- Test- This has been moved to Monday.
Review the verb “Gustar”