I’m excited to announce this year’s reading challenge. This will not only be for students, but for parent and family participation as well. Ready…Set…READ! is a point based system where students can earn points not just for reading and logging your reading on Biblionasium, but for also sharing what you are reading with others.
- Students can earn 100 points for every hour they log reading.
- Read a Blind Date with a Book will earn them 100 points as well.
- Take a selfie of you reading (limit one per book) and post it on @AwtreyCLC at Twitter or Instagram to earn 200 points.
- Take a picture of your family reading together and post it on @AwtreyCLC at Twitter or Instagram for 200 points (limit one per week).
- Take a picture of you reading to someone in your family and post it on @AwtreyCLC at Twitter or Instagram for 200 points (limit one per week).
- Come to school dressed as your favorite character from your book and take a picture of you holding the book (special announced days) and post it on @AwtreyCLC at Twitter or Instagram for 400 points.
- Create a book trailer or leave a book review on Flipgrid for 500 points (limit one per book).
- Read the same book as a friend and interview each other on Flipgrid (limit one per book) for 1,000 points.
- Read a series and log your reading in Biblionasium – 3 books = 200 points; 5 books = 700 points; 7+ books = 1,000 points
- Read and log books from 10 different genres for 2,000 points.
Oh…and the student winner will get an Amazon Fire Tablet (one given in December and another in May) and staff winner will get an Amazon Echo Dot!