Today you will work in partners to create a Sway.
Choose any topic you want. The only rule is that your Sway must contain 3 different types of “cards” (text, images, videos, and documents) to show understanding of a topic. Some examples are demonstrating a math concept, telling a short story, giving a tour of a country or region, planning out your spring break, or explaining a topic you learned in science. The possibilities are limitless!
In addition to the brief information given by Mrs. Grimes, use the following links to help you create your Sway presentation. Be creative! Refer often to these DIRECTIONS for the basics. Don’t over think it!
Before the end of the period, share your presentation HERE.
This will be due by the end of next Tech Tuesday.
Here are some more links that could help you create an Awesome Sway:
Students, please take a moment and fill out this survey about Tech Tuesdays in the Media Center. Survey
After you are done, continue working on your Powerpoint.
Click HERE to continue the Digital Citizenship Breakout. May the best group breakout FIRST!!
Hello 6th Graders! Today we are going to learn about how to tell the difference between real, factual websites and fake/hoax sites.
Mrs. Newell’s class, join this self-paced lesson by clicking HERE.
- Be sure to READ each slide, all directions, definitions, and websites.
- Answer each question posed with THOUGHTFUL answers ONLY!
- LEARN as much as you can from this lesson to help you become better consumers of information!
- ALL responses will be read by Mrs. Grimes when she returns.
When finished with the Nearpod lesson, practice your typing skills until the end of the period. Follow the login information below.
- Go to: www.keyboardingonline.com
- School Name/Code: barb80
- Click Keyboarding Short Course icon
- Choose your Mrs. Newell’s name
- Choose your name
- Type your password (your lunch #)
Hanna Grimes, Media Specialist
David Jones, Media Parapro
Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! We look forward to helping you reach all of your media and technology needs.