*June 1st-August 1st*
Relax, play, and have fun this summer. Keep reading, too! By reading 20+ minutes a day, students avoid the “summer academic slide” and maintain or advance academic gains. To support summer reading and learning, The Cobb County School District’s Library Media Education Department, in conjunction with the Cobb County Public Library challenges all students to read 20 minutes every day for a total of 20 hours this summer!
We have a fresh, new program for logging minutes this year: Beanstack! Summer reading will begin on June 1, 2020. Beanstack is available as website and an app. For more information and to sign up, visit http://www.cobbcat.org/summer/
Interested in becoming a part of the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl 2020-21 Team? Summer is a great time to get a head start reading to get ready for competition in January 2021! Here are this year’s titles. Thankfully, you can access all titles in Sora for free! Team Interest Form
Cobb County Public Library Resources
- Summer Reading Adventure: June 1st – August 1st
- CCPL Summer Adventure Handout and Paper Reading Log
- CCPL Summer Adventure Handout and Paper Reading Log in Spanish
- Summer Adventure 2020 intro video.mp4
- Library Express Curbside Service starting June 10th!