Can you BEE-lieve it? Third grade is coming to an end! If you’re like me, you’re thinking…boy, that was fast. I don’t think I’m ready to say good-bye to this sweet class of mine. Nor am I really ready for my oldest, Anna Jean, to graduate on Friday from Allatoona High School, but I am reminded that we raise our children to be confident people who are ready to tackle life’s challenges. I hope I have helped your child conquer some of their personal challenges this year. It has been a privilege to be their teacher and to help them grow! Take a look below for some very important information pertaining to the last three days of school.
MONDAY: Let’s try this again. I certainly hope we’ll have “Fun in the SUN!” We will have the 3rd – 5th field day on Monday. The activities begin at 9am. If you are volunteering that day in the morning, please meet us upstairs at 8:55am in the bus port area. I will bring the children to you. I will have multiple copies our event schedule so that you can help us go from station to station. This is a low-key, fun day for everyone. Here are some other important reminders:
- Wear comfortable clothes and sneakers.
- Wear a t-shirt the color of your team.
- Bring extra clothes to change into because you’ll get WET! Bring a TOWEL, too!
- Sunscreen should be applied before school. (I’m not allowed to apply it.)
- Hats and sunglasses are allowed, but you must keep up with them. ; )
- Bring a lunch if you didn’t purchase one from school.
- Bring at least one water bottle labeled with your name.
- Good sportsmanship is a MUST! Smile and have fun.
FIELD DAY TEAMS: Yellow: Brooklyn, Brooke, Taylor, Toby, Finn, Christian, Luke
Blue: Jenna, Rachel, Carsyn, Will, Gabe, Ryan, Owen
Green: Claire, Kyleigh, Jasmine, Kolin, Nathan, Sam, Simon
BACKPACKS? Please DO NOT pack your binder for the rest of the year. I would bring your backpack full of extra clothes, a towel and a water bottle. If you prefer, you can bring a string bag.
Monday for lunch, we’ll have pepperoni and cheese pizza to celebrate the hard work the children put in this year learning their math facts. I am really, really proud of how they’ve worked to reach their goals this year. Yes, this is on Field Day, so if you’re bringing your lunch from home and plan on eating pizza, too…just don’t overload your lunchbox. You may want to be sure to pack some fruit or veggie sticks!
TUESDAY: REMEMBER, Tuesday is a half day!!! Here is a reminder list for Tuesday:
- BRING YOUR BACKPACK! Keep your binder at home, but you’ll need your backpack for loading up more items.
- Bring your yearbook! Third grade has schedule a yearbook signing time for this day.
- My class has a memory book at school and students will use this for autographs if they don’t have a yearbook.
- DISMISSAL: 12:30pm
WEDNESDAY: OUR LAST DAY IN THE HIVE!
- DO NOT bring your backpack today!
- If bringing your lunch from home, bring a disposable lunch bag and a disposable water bottle.
- If not bringing your lunch, a sack lunch will be provided.
- DISMISSAL: 12:30pm
LEADERSHIP NIGHT was a success! The third grade wax museum was full of past and present famous Americans who have let their light shine. I was thrilled to see so many of my students participating!!! A third of my class showed up for this creative display of human accomplishments. I am so proud of the following students for going above and beyond!
Finnegan Dean as John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Claire Radicchi as Jane Goodall
Brooke Simmons as Sacagawea
Will Felder as Jackie Robinson
Rachel Boeger as Sacagawea
Brooklyn Dimsdale as Pocahontas
Jasmine Richardson as Gabby Douglas
Secret Word: Summer!