Please sign up to help out at Brumby’s Fall Festival! It is on Saturday, November 3rd.
We will be participating in meal packing at Open Hands on Saturday, February 16, 2019. Please read all information, have your parent/guardian sign the waiver, and be ready to sign up to help! A Sign-Up Genius link will be added at a later date. Thank you!
- Date/Time of Volunteer Shift:
- February 16th 2019 from 9am-12pm with 15 participants.
- Typical Group Packing Schedule
- 8:00am: Catered Good Measure Meals Breakfast (optional)
- 8:45am: Arrive & Check In (Volunteers need to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled shift for check in and to attend orientation.)
- 8:55am-9:05am: Orientation/Training
- 9:05am-9:15am: Get kitchen ready: put on hairnets & aprons
- 9:15am-12:00pm: Pack meals!
- 12:00pm: Finish packing
- 12:00pm-12:10pm: Volunteer Wrap Up & Group Photo
- 12:10pm: Catered Good Measure Meals Lunch (optional)
Dress Code Requirements:
Please read carefully as there are no exceptions to these rules. If volunteers are not dressed properly, they cannot volunteer in our kitchen.
- Tennis shoes or nonslip/slip resistant shoes are required.
- Absolutely no jewelry of any kind. This includes but is not limited to rings, bracelets, watches, step-trackers, necklaces, earrings, gauges, cartilage, nose, and permanent piercings.
- Long pants are required.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank stops. A short sleeved t-shirt is fine.
- No headphones, ear buds, or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn.
Ways to increase your impact!
- Catering: Groups tell us all of the time how hungry they get spending time in our kitchen. We actually have full service catering through our social enterprise Good Measure Meals that you and your group can take advantage of while you are campus. Before or after volunteering, you can treat your group to one of our packages or build your own menu. When you order Good Measure Meals catering, 100% of the net proceeds support our nonprofit Open Hand Atlanta. Interested in placing an order? Get started today.
- Wishlist: These are items that will be immediately put to use to ensure that we can serve as many clients as well as possible. Access by clicking here.
- We do have a parking lot and street parking available. However, parking is limited and carpooling is recommended for ease and convenience.
- Volunteers should enter through the volunteer entrance that is closest to the garden. There is a green ‘Welcome Volunteers’ sign.
- Please leave all valuables at home. While we do have a space to store items during the shift on site for volunteer use, they are shared with other volunteers.
We will be participating in Wreaths Across America on Saturday, December 15th.
Reminder that the Watershed Stewardship Program is having a Creek Cleanup tomorrow Smyrna!
Enjoy this nice weather by getting out and helping to clean our community!
We will have free t-shirts for everyone!
Creek Cleanup Details
Date: Saturday, May 12th
Location: Belmont Hills Elementary School (605 Glendale Place, Smyrna 30080)
Time: 10 AM – 12 PM
Register and read more information here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/creek-cleanup-tickets-25984212479
All volunteers will park at Belmont Hills Elementary School and we will clean the roadside and stream banks on our walk down to Burger Park.
Once at Burger Park, we will clean the stream that follows along the dog park fence.
This event is a great way to gain service hours and help prevent litter from making its way to the Chattahoochee River.
Please consider volunteering your time at one or more of these events. Please also remember that you need to collect at least eight (preferably more) hours by the end of April.Winter&Spring 2018 events-1xio54p
Please register for the Crazy Socks and Shake Your Shamrocks 5K that will be held on Saturday, March 10, 2018. BETA Club students can earn community service hours for helping Mrs. Carchio before and after the race.