Brumby PTA needs volunteers to assist with the Spring Carnival (Saturday, 4/27/19 (11:00am – 3:00pm). Click on the link to sign up today!
PTA needs volunteers to assist with:
- Setting up (Booths / Tables / Tents, Signs, Contests, Cake Walk, Prizes)
- Directing parking lot traffic
- Ticket Booth
- PTA Concessions
- Carnival Games (Volunteers will be asked to rotate between the Dunk Tank, Bounce Houses, Train, Rock Wall, Cake Walk, Contests & Games)
- Crowd control
- Cleaning up
Please view this video about Ruby who grants Three Wishes to elderly patients of this nursing home and consider doing something similar around here in our own community.
The Brumby Spring Carnival will be held on Saturday, 4/27/19 (11:00am – 3:00pm), and we will need volunteers. Please mark your calendars and use the Sign-Up Genius link once it’s posted. Thanks!
Please remember that we are volunteering at Good Mews on Friday, April 5th from 1-2pm.
Parents have to stay with the kids. We need one adult per two children. That is a safety requirement. The parents and chaperones will need to fill out access agreements the day they arrive, and they can include their children on the form. Please take your own books to read to the cats/kittens.
Thank you! Have a great break!
Please do not forget about our annual 5k on Saturday, March 16th. We need volunteers to help out before and after the race and would love for some of you to complete the race itself as well. Please arrive at 7:30 AM to help with set up of water, fruit, etc. Clean up should be finished within thirty minutes of the end of the race. Thanks!
Please be sure to save the date for our volunteering at Good Mews. We will be visiting this organization on Friday, April 5th. The time will be determined at a later date. If you are interested in volunteering at another time on your own, please click here. Thank you!
Please RSVP if you are helping out with Thursday’s Rising Sixth Grade Information Night event. Students who volunteer will receive free pizza for dinner.
We will be participating in meal packing at Open Hands on Saturday, February 16, 2019.
Please read all information and have your parent/guardian sign the Open Hand Minor Waiver.
*See Ms. Sneed for a printed copy of the waiver. The waiver must be witnessed but does not need to be notarized.
We also need you to register here.
- Date/Time of Volunteer Shift:
- February 16th 2019 from 9am-12pm with 15 participants.
- Typical Group Packing Schedule
- 8:00am: Catered Good Measure Meals Breakfast (optional)
- 8:45am: Arrive & Check In (Volunteers need to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled shift for check in and to attend orientation.)
- 8:55am-9:05am: Orientation/Training
- 9:05am-9:15am: Get kitchen ready: put on hairnets & aprons
- 9:15am-12:00pm: Pack meals!
- 12:00pm: Finish packing
- 12:00pm-12:10pm: Volunteer Wrap Up & Group Photo
- 12:10pm: Catered Good Measure Meals Lunch (optional)
Please be sure to have all participating volunteers make an account and register for the shift prior to arrival. If volunteers do not register before arrival, it can cause significant time delays (up to an hour) to the start of your group’s volunteer shift. Please have volunteers register through this link: http://vhub.at/oh-eastcobbmiddle
- Also, please have the attached minor waiver form signed for each minor volunteer.
Dress Code Requirements:
Please read carefully as there are no exceptions to these rules. If volunteers are not dressed properly, they cannot volunteer in our kitchen.
- Tennis shoes or nonslip/slip resistant shoes are required.
- Absolutely no jewelry of any kind. This includes but is not limited to rings, bracelets, watches, step-trackers, necklaces, earrings, gauges, cartilage, nose, and permanent piercings.
- Long pants are required.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank stops. A short sleeved t-shirt is fine.
- No headphones, ear buds, or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn.
Ways to increase your impact!
- Catering: Groups tell us all of the time how hungry they get spending time in our kitchen. We actually have full service catering through our social enterprise Good Measure Meals that you and your group can take advantage of while you are campus. Before or after volunteering, you can treat your group to one of our packages or build your own menu. When you order Good Measure Meals catering, 100% of the net proceeds support our nonprofit Open Hand Atlanta. Interested in placing an order? Get started today.
- Wishlist: These are items that will be immediately put to use to ensure that we can serve as many clients as well as possible. Access by clicking here.
- We do have a parking lot and street parking available. However, parking is limited and carpooling is recommended for ease and convenience.
- Volunteers should enter through the volunteer entrance that is closest to the garden. There is a green ‘Welcome Volunteers’ sign.
- Please leave all valuables at home. While we do have a space to store items during the shift on site for volunteer use, they are shared with other volunteers.
Directions Upon Arrival
- Park in parking lot at 181 Armour Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Come through entrance with green “Welcome Volunteers” sign
- Sign-in on kiosk computer in front lobby to your left with your first and last name.
- Wait to be greeted by our volunteer services staff member. (We have a small staff that may be helping other volunteers, therefore please be patient if they are not in the main office when you arrive)
Please use the attached form to record your Community Service Hours. Thanks!
Please join us on Saturday, March 16th for our 5K!
Crazy Socks & Shake Your Shamrocks 5K Flyer