I am glad each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break with family and friends. I can’t believe that we are almost finished with quarter 2. I appreciate the hard work and grit I see in each child. Learning is a process, and all kids learn at different rates with different strategies. I am so proud of the gains I see in each of them. They are designing Power Points to publish their non-fiction writing task, while learning how to use Power Point to present information. As third graders, the concept of research, note taking, writing drafts, and then using the editing process takes a lot of time to master. We will continue to work on this concept throughout the year. This is one particular area where reading and writing go hand in hand. Let’s continue to support and encourage our young writers as the plow through this process.
Thank you to those who supplied items for our edible map project. I’ll post pictures soon. They will have a short quiz on Friday on the rivers, mountain ranges, and a few other short answer questions to check for mastery. They brought home their maps as a study tool today, along with their Georgia Studies Weekly Magazine. The map is a great tool of what the real test will be like. Also, they can read the magazine ahead of time. Just make sure they bring it back for tomorrow’s lesson.
Continue to practice math facts for fluency. We will begin the 3’s, 4’s, & 6’s during 3rd quarter.
Market Day Reminders:
- Sign for desk is due Thursday, December 5th
- Product should be brought to school on December 6th
- Market Day starts at 7:50-8:40
- Students should be at their stations at all times. If they sell all their items, then they have permission to buy from other classrooms. Remember to let the students from other classrooms buy products first.
- Parents can assist their child, but not run the entire booth. Students should own this experience and have fun!
- Parents can help set up their child’s booth between 7:15-7:45. We will start Market Day right after morning announcements.
- If you have a raffle, do not forget your raffle tickets. If you have a game, do not forget your prizes.
- BRING THE BEST SMILE AND THE BEST ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT POSSIBLE!
Dates to Remember:
12/6/19: Market Day for Mrs. Bredickas! We are excited.
12/6/19: Last day of Fall Fact Clubs
12/10/19: Teacher Holiday Luncheon/Trained Parent Volunteers will be with classrooms
12/18/19: Classroom Holiday Party!! All parents are welcome. Get ready for some holiday cheer!
12/19/19: Early Release Day – 12:15/12:30 Dismissal….Also Grinch Day for 3rd grade students…more to come later…keeping it simple
12/20/19: Early Release Day – 12:15/12:30 Dismissal….Polar Express Day… Shhh! It is a surprise. (all 3rd grade…more to come later on that topic
12/22/19: Hanukkah Begins…Happy Hanukkah to those who observe that holiday!
12/25/19: Merry Christmas!
12/23-1/3: Winter Holiday Break – No school
1/1/20: Happy New Year!
1/2-1/3: Teacher Work days….No students report
1/6/20: School will resume for students
In closing, I am so thankful for you all. Your time, talents, treasures, generous donations, gifts, and
encouraging words mean a lot.