Edublogs provides many helpful “How-to” videos and documents. Visit these resources here
You may also enjoy the Edublogger!
- 1 Edublogs Frequently Asked Questions
- 2 1. What do I do if I forget my password or my user name?
- 3 2. How do I change my password?
- 4 3. How do I login to create and edit a post or a page?
- 5 4. How do I turn commenting off on my blog?
- 6 5. How do I get my “Comments” setting to “Administrator Approval?”
- 7 6. How can my students and parents view my blog?
- 8 What is a blog?
Edublogs Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I do if I forget my password or my user name?
Go to: http://www.cobblearning.net/xxxxxx/wp-login.php (where the x’s are your blog name) At the login page for your blog, you may click “Lost your password?” Enter your Cobb County email address into the field. This will prompt an email to your Cobb County email account with your password.
2. How do I change my password?
You change your password in the profile section after you log into your blog. In the top right hand corner of your blog you will see “howdy your name” Click on your name. This screen is your profile screen. You may change several things about your profile, one of which is your password. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see “new password.” Type a new password in two times. Click “Update Profile” at the bottom of your screen to save your new password.
3. How do I login to create and edit a post or a page?
DO NOT try to log in from the Edublogs.org website. Instead, Go to: http://www.cobblearning.net/xxxxxx/wp-login.php (where the x’s are your blog name) Type in your user name and your password at the Cobb Learning website mentioned above. This will take you into the editing mode of your blog. You may post new information for your students and parents, or edit information. You will also be able to moderate comments if you have allowed commenting. (Remember, if you allow commenting, you MUST chose the setting that allows you to approve it before it appears on your blog).
4. How do I turn commenting off on my blog?
You can only turn commenting off for individual posts and pages.
a. In your Dashboard, click on Posts. Next, click the title of the Post for which you wish turn off commenting. Scroll down to the “Discussion” section. Take away check marks for the field, “allow comments for this post.”
b. Follow the same directions for Pages.
5. How do I get my “Comments” setting to “Administrator Approval?”
This is a very important action every blog owner must take!
First, log into your blog at http://www.cobblearning.net/xxxxxx/wp-login.php (where the x”s are your blog name). On the left side of your screen you will see your blog dashboard. Scroll down to the Settings section, then click Display. Default Article Settings: They are check marked by default, you may choose to leave them check marked. You may uncheck some of these 3 boxes, if you are experiencing very slow blog performance. Other Comment Settings: You may need to uncheck this first box IF you plan to allow your students to post comments. Because students can not have accounts, you will need to uncheck the second box IF you plan to allow commenting.
E-mail Me Whenever: YOU MUST HAVE BOTH THESE BOXES CHECK MARKED!
“Anyone posts a comment” and “A comment is held for moderation” must both be check marked.
Before a Comment Appears: YOU MUST HAVE THE FIRST BOX CHECK MARKED – “An administrator must always approve the comment.” The second box in this category may remain unchecked, “Comment author must have a previously approved comment.” Comment Moderation: The number of days a comment with links stays in the queue is up to you, depending on how often you monitor the blog.
6. How can my students and parents view my blog?
Each blog has it’s own URL or address on the web. It begins with http://www.cobblearning.net
You will find the URL to your blog in several locations:
a) Your original email – When you first signed up for your blog at Cobb Learning, you were sent and original email. This email had your initial password and the link to your blog URL.
b) Your blog Dashboard – log in to your blog, on the left side of the screen, find your Dashboard. At the top left, click “My Blogs.” Your blogs will appear in a list on this page. “Primary Blog” is listed at the top of the page, to the right is your address. It begins with
http://www.cobblearning.net/XXXXX (where the x’s are your blog name)
What is a blog?
Blog is short for a Web Log.
Blogs are normally made up of the following main elements:
- Posts – Posts are where you normally publish the latest new or new article on a blog. They are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order with the most recent post at the top of the page. Blogs are designed to have only one Post page.
- Comments – Posts commonly allow readers to publish comments on the posts they read. This is where the reader can share their thoughts, connect with the blogger and interact with other readers.
- Pages – You normally use pages for information that you want to share with your readers but don’t expect to update frequently. Not all blogging software includes the ability to add Pages.
Blogs are written on just about any subject and for a wide range of purposes, including personal, business, work and sharing news stories.