2nd Period: https://kidblog.org/class/2nd-stem/posts
4th Period: https://kidblog.org/class/4th-stem/posts
5th Period: https://kidblog.org/class/5th-stem/posts
6th Period: https://kidblog.org/class/6th-stem/posts
7th Period: https://kidblog.org/class/7th-stem/posts
Remember that the blog post should follow the same rules as the written journals:
- Never write using a lower case “i” by itself. Always capitalize it when it is alone. “I”
- Write from red line to red line (When writing on loose-leaf paper only)
- Restate the question in the answer. Do not start with “cause,” “because,” “yes,” or “no.”
- Indent a paragraph
- Paragraphs are four sentences or more when using R.A.C.E.
- Correctly punctuate your sentences.
- Fully answer all questions asked.
We have been preparing and working on the Embedded Assessment, which is just a writing test in SpringBoard for about two weeks. Your child has been able to work on this at home by simply bringing their journal home and typing their embedded assessment into Word online in O365. Their embedded assessments are due complete this Friday.
Here is what you need to check to see if your child has done:
1. They have written a personal narrative about a choice they had to make in school. It must have an incident, response and reflection. (They all should know what this is because we taught this in class.)
2. I gave them a handout that shows them how to revise their personal narratives. They MUST make revisions. They can not just say they like it the way it is already.
3. They have to write an essay reflecting on the revisions that they made in their personal narrative. Here is the outline that I wrote on the board that shows them how to write that essay.
II. How did you revise the beginning?
III. How did you revise the middle?
IV. How did you revise the ending?
V. Explain why those changes made your personal narrative better.
Log into O365
password: the password that they log into a computer with
I have a substitute tomorrow, and the students have all logged in to the ipads, I have checked with all of them, and they know what needs to be done. There should be NO excuses for not having the embedded assessment complete.
- Click on the link below
2. username – firstinitiallastname (You may need to add a number if it says that your username already exists. Make sure that you write it down in your journal because you will have a different username.)
password – Barber12
3. Click blue button STUDENTS SIGN UP
4. Put in the code
3rd period ei5lq9
6th period ejvkdn
Click I am not a robot and then identify the picture that they ask you to identify.
Then click NEXT
5. Fill out the information and click the SAVE button to go to the next section. Do not skip any section even if you are given the option.
Take the pledge and choose at least 2 times a week.
Then click on the blue button. Then click continue to lesson.
If you need to, write your username and password into your journal.
We will be writing to penpals when we return back from break:-)