Here is the link to my math 7/8 OneNote. It is also available to you in the resources area on the right taskbar of this blog.
Click here:Math 7/8 OneNote
Angle Relationships Answer Key-1ylhc47
If you guys would like to get ahead or a little more help with the topics in this unit I highly recommend this website.
Khan Academy Unit 2 Independent Study
Below is information regarding Unit 2: Expressions & Equations. Look for additional information for future units.
Expressions & Equations
By the end of this unit, students will understand that:…
- Variables can be used to represent numbers in any type mathematical problem.
- Understand the difference between an expression, an equation, and an inequality.
- Expressions are simplified and equations are solved for the variable’s value.
- Write and solve multi-step equations including all rational numbers.
- Expressions, equations, and inequalities can be used to represent and solve real world problems
- Algebraic Expression: an expression consisting of at least one variable and also consists of numbers and operations
- Numerical Expression: an expression consisting of numbers and operations
- Coefficient: the number part of a term that includes a variable. For example, 3 is the coefficient of the term 3x
- Constant: a quantity having a fixed value that does not change or vary, such as a number. For example, 5 is the constant of x + 5
- Equation: a mathematical sentence formed by setting two expressions equal
- Inequality: a mathematical sentence formed by placing inequality symbols ( >,<,≥,or ≤) between two expressions.
- Term: a number, a variable, or a product and a number and variable.
- Variable: a symbol, usually a letter, which is used to represent one or more numbers.
- Try: http://intermath.coe.uga.edu/
Here is a great resource for review/independent study of the multiplication and division of integers.
Multiplying and Dividing Rational Numbers
Here is a great resource for review/independent study of the addition and subtraction of integers.
Adding and Subtracting Rational Numbers
Our latest entry from our interactive notebook
Here are a few videos to help with adding and subtracting integers: