1. Parent Conferences – Sign-Up Genius is now available to all parents. Please use the link below to sign-up for conferences. The last day to sign up for a conference time is on Oct. 1. I look forward to seeing you all during conference week.
2. Fire Safety Homework- A firefighter came today to speak with our class about Fire Safety at home. Please complete the homework with your child from your child’s binder and return it by Monday, Oct. 1st. We will need to bring this homework with us to our Fire Safety Village Field Trip on Thursday, October 4th.
Parents with siblings at East Side have received an email from me this morning with the link to sign up for your Teacher Parent Conference. Only one parent needs to sign up, but both are welcome to attend. Please get your date and time in ASAP because sign ups will open to all other parents on September 20.
The last day to sign up for a conference time is on Oct. 1. After the deadline I will pick a day and time for you. Please let me know if you have siblings at East Side and did not receive an email this morning. Thank you and I’m looking forward to meeting with you all soon!
It has been brought to my attention that some students have been sharing food during lunch. Sharing food is not safe and it can be harmful to students with allergies. Please talk with your child about the importance of food safety.
Please email Ms. Brown at least 1 week before you send in your child’s birthday treat. Birthday treats should be nut free. You can place an order for a special treat from the cafeteria 3 weeks before your child’s birthday. If you would like more information about East Side birthday treats, please let me know.
Thank you for your support!
We have sent many forms home this week. I was out on Monday and Tuesday, so I wanted to clarify the directions.
- The weekly newsletter and yellow progress reports usually go home every Monday. The weekly newsletter and weekly spelling rules are posted on our class blog.
- Fire Safety Village forms- There were 2 forms sent home. The Cobb County form is to be signed and returned by Friday, Sept. 14th. This is a free event. The other white form is a waiver that is required by Safety Village and is due by Sept. 2oth.
- Seesaw directions were sent home today in your child’s binder. This is a great resource for parents to see what your child is learning in 2nd grade!
*Ident-A-Kid pictures are on Wednesday. If you are interested, please send in your money tomorrow.
*Fire Safety Village Permission Forms were sent home today. Please complete and return by Friday.
*The media center book check-out schedule is on our class blog. Please review to see what day your child can return and check out new books.
I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend!!
The September spelling and writing calendars were sent home today in your child’s binder in the HOMEWORK section.
Spelling Test- We did not have a spelling test last week due to Schoolwide STEM day. We will review the Floss Rule and our weekly words for our Spelling test on Friday.
Ident-a-Kid flyers were sent home today. If you would like a Student Ident-a-Kid card, the pictures will be taken on Sept. 12.
FAMILY FUN NIGHT- East Side’s Foundation has been working hard to bring us a fun filled evening on Friday, Sept. 7 at 5PM.
Thank you to all those of you who ordered Scholastic Books. I was able to buy some new leveled books for our class!
Raz Kids- Your child’s ID card was sent home today in your binder. You will need to keep this card and use it for our reading homework next week.
Performing Art Permissions Forms need to be turned in by next Friday, August 31. You are not required to pay, but we will need the form in order for your child to attend our performing arts field trip.
Have a great weekend!
Picture Day is tomorrow. If you would like to order pictures, please send in the form with your child tomorrow.