Please keep a rescue inhaler in the school clinic for your student with asthma – even if they rarely need it! It’s always best to have it when he/she needs it rather than not being able to breath while waiting for you (or an ambulance). It’s a frightening experience for students.
Please complete the following appropriate documentation for your student with asthma:
- Asthma Care Plan
- this is completed by the student’s physician and must be renewed each school year
- Authorization to Give Medication
- if you’d like to keep a rescue inhaler in the school clinic
- Authorization to Carry Prescription Medication
- allows your student to carry his/her own rescue inhaler with physician’s authorization