The use of Teams with students is a choice for Cobb County School District teachers-not an expectation. During the digital learning days, teachers should continue to use digital workflow resources that are currently effective in supporting remote learning with students.
Teachers who are searching for a safe digital workflow tool available in Office 365 should consider Teams with students.
What is Microsoft Teams?
A digital hub that brings classroom conversations, meetings, instruction, classroom resources, and Office 365 creation tools together in one place.
Benefits of Teams with Students
- Two-way communication for teachers and students
- Assignments allow students to demonstrate the progress of learning
- Feedback from teachers supports student learning
- Files provide a consistent place for class resources
- Streamlined site for teachers to conduct remote classroom meetings and direct instruction using the Meetings feature and Stream video links
- Class Notebook (old or new) provides lesson resources, collaboration space, and personalized learning
- Secure and private video calls with the Teams Meet Now feature
Before setting up a class in Teams, teachers and leaders should contact the local school TTIS for additional information on class set up and best practices.
The Instructional Technology team recommends MIE graduates and current cohort participants to consider the use of Teams with students IF their current digital workflow is not productive for remote learning.
Professional Learning Support:
- TTIS Virtual Training: Direct support and scheduled webinars
- Microsoft Educator Center: Teams Online Course
- Microsoft Teams for Education
Please contact your local school Technology Training Integration Specialist if you have questions and need additional information.