We’ve already had so much fun this year! Here’s what’s going on in the photos above:
- Our first displays of the year are our “Read”box and Super Series! On our Readbox display, you’ll find books that have been made into movies (Spoiler alert: the books are usually better than their silver screen adaptations!) We’re using the Super Series display to show off series that you might not know about. Check out a displayed book today!
- Orientations were a blast! 6th graders got to map out their media center and all grade levels got competitive with some media center Jeopardy!
- That’s what $25 worth of Jolly Ranchers looks like & how many were left after orientation ended.
- Our Awesome! entrance display highlights books that our students and staff deem “Awesome!” enough to go on the Awesome! List. Have you read anything Awesome! lately? Let us know by putting the book in the Awesome! box on the circulation desk.
- Did you participate in our Summer Reading program? We had 227 entries this year! Here’s our Grand Prize, Kindle Fire HD winner, Kaitlyn, with her prize. I can’t wait to see what we come up with for next year’s summer reading program. 🙂
- Mrs. Fortenberry’s 7th & 8th grade Health classes used the iPads to make iMovies for their anti-bullying unit. We’ll post some of the best movies on this blog next week.
What’s on deck for the next 4 1/2 weeks?
- 6th grade will be working on research skills by learning how to take notes, summarize, and paraphrase.
- Mrs. Parson’s class will be in for a treat when they come to learn more about the Dust Bowl.
- The book fair is just around the corner! I can’t wait to get my hands on some new books!
- Tween Read Week is October 14-18 and we’re working on some awesome contests, treats, and prizes. Stay tuned for more.
Ask you teachers to bring your classes to the media center soon!