Today, Romano’s STEM students learned how to cite their sources by utilizing EasyBib, a bibliography creation tool provided by the McClure Media Center.
- Website Example (easy)
- Website Example (harder)
- Cobb Digital Library Example
- Google Image Result Example
- Cobb Digital Library Image Example
After a brief introduction from Mrs. Harpin, students practiced setting up projects and citing online news articles and digital images. Here are a few reminders:
Online News Articles:
- Copy the URL for the article and paste it into EasyBib under the “Website” tab.
- See if it will ‘AutoCite’ the article for you, but pay special attention to make sure that all of the boxes are filled in correctly.
- Remember that you might have to do some detective work to identify all of the necessary components. Publisher is usually located by the (C) at the bottom of the page!
- Pay attention to the credibility rating!
- Remember that Google is NOT a source! Make sure you “View Image” to see the actual URL that belongs to the picture.
- Don’t cite a Digital Image as a Website. They are NOT the same thing!!!!
- If the picture doesn’t have a title, you need to provide a description. You do not need a title AND a description, just one or the other.