What might you find in our MakerSpace? Well, it depends on the day! Here are some of the possibilities!
- Learn how to design 3D objects with Tinkercad’s Step-by-step lessons.
- Create a design on Tinkercad.
- X (Width): 125mm
- Y (Depth): 150mm
- Z (Height): 100mm
- Save your file as an .STL file.
- Download your .STL file to a USB drive & attach it to a Printer Request Form (found in the LLC near the 3D printer).
- We mostly print on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Printing can take a while. We’ll let you know when your print is complete.
- **NEW** MavBlock attendees will be added directly to the TinkerCad MavBlock class. These students will not have download their print jobs to a USB. They will create the file and save it in their projects. When they’re ready to print, they’ll just submit a print request form & Mrs. Harpin will take care of the downloading. If you’d like to be added to the Mav Block “class”, let Mrs. Harpin know.
- 3Doodler Start (we own 4)
- The 3Doodler Start Pen and Eco-Plastics are specially designed to be completely safe for kids aged 6 years and above.
- Genesis 3D Pen (we own 1)
- More advanced 3D drawing.
- Glyby 3D Pen (we own 1)
- More advanced 3D drawing.
Bloxels (we own 1)
13×13 Gameboard and blocks allow you to create all your levels, characters, and any other art you have in mind to design a video game.
Use the free Bloxels Builder app to capture your Gameboard and edit your layouts and art, and animate your heroes and enemies.
Green Screen Production
- Use our iPads, apps, and green screen to create videos and pictures with backgrounds that are only limited by your imagination!Creative Commons Search-Use this to find free images that are copyright free. You still want to include where you got the pictures from in your credits on your videos, that’s just good practice.
littleBits (we own 2 kits)
- Thanks to a generous donation from the McClure Foundation, we now own 2 littleBits kits.
- Gadgets & Gizmos Kit– ultimate invention toolbox. Motors, wheels, lights, switches, servos, buzzers even a remote control – snap it all together to spark creativity and fun. Want to invent a remote control racecar? Do it. Create an automatic bubble blowing device? Go for it! Comes with 15 electronic building blocks, detailed instructions for 12 projects, and all the accessories and tools you need to unleash the inventor within.
- Arduino Coding Kit-This kit contains eight prototyping modules, including the Arduino-at-heart module. Make your own Etch-a-Sketch! Program a visual display! We’ll walk you through the basics using the Arduino programming environment, without the breadboarding, soldering or wiring normally required. Perfect for hackers, designers, makers and tinkerers of all levels.
MakeyMakey (we own 2)
- An invention kit for the 21st century. Turn everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet. It’s a simple Invention Kit for Beginners and Experts doing art, engineering, and everything inbetween
Ozobot bit (we own 2)
- Drawing Ozobot commands-Color codes are color sequences made of two, three or four color dots in a row located directly on a path. Ozobot’s sensors are designed to read floor signs about 150 times per second to detect red, green, blue, black and white areas and react accordingly.
- Printable Games for Ozobot
- Webgames for Ozobot
- Ozoblocky Games
- Code the Ozobots with Ozoblocky
Paper Circuit Supplies
- LED button light bulbs
- Coin batteries
- Copper Tape
- SPRK (we own 2)
- Designed to inspire curiosity, creativity, and invention through connected play and coding, SPRK is far more than just a robot. Easily learn programming, complete hands-on activities, and share your creations with the community.
- Mini (we own 4)
- Sphero Mini packs tons of fun into a tiny, app-enabled robotic ball. Drive, play games, learn to code, and more.
- Sphero App-This is the central app for Sphero and a required app for all Sphero owners. Use it to get rolling with Sphero Original or 2.0, upgrade firmware and personalize your gameplay like never before. Level up your individual Sphero’s speed, colors, core reactor, and boost times. Complete missions, purchase tricks, and master your skills. The more you play with Sphero, the better he gets.
- Lightning Lab App-Simple for beginners yet sophisticated enough for seasoned programmers, Lightning Lab empowers anyone to program their robot. The visual block-based building app makes learning the basic principles of programming approachable and fun. Drag and drop actions, controls, operators, and more to learn how your Sphero works. The written code you create can then be viewed right beside your block sequence for a more advanced understanding of our C-based language.
- Sphero Draw N’ Drive App-Use your finger to trace a path on the screen and Sphero will follow it before your eyes. Just give your smartphone or tablet a shake to clear the slate. Even make Sphero change colors as it rolls by using the integrated color wheel.
- Sphero Color Grab App-Get ready to test your speed with the first multiplayer tabletop game for Sphero. Sphero flashes different colors and you must pick him up at the right time to earn points. Set point goals, select levels of difficulty, and compete against friends and the clock to see who has the best reflexes. Did we mention there’s a crazy rabbit?
SnapCircuits (we own 2 kits)
- Snap Circuits uses building pieces with snaps to assemble different electronic circuits on a simple “rows-and-columns”
base gird that functions like the printed circuit board found in most electronic products. Each component is easily identifiable by a different color and functional purpose.
- Lights Kit-hands-on introduction to electronics. This innovative kit contains over 55 color-coded, real circuit components that snap together to create working electronic circuits and devices. This set offers 175 plus do-it-yourself projects.
Arcade Kit-Snap Circuits Arcade offers concrete, STEM /STEAM concepts with fun learning activities and creativity. Includes over 200 projects, utilizing 30 components including an internal Microcontroller pre-programmed with many fun to play interactive games, a programmable word fan, a tri-color light orb and a dual LED display.
StikBot (we own 3 kits)
- Stop motion animation app with green/blue screen set and suction-cup tipped easy to pose figurines which will adhere to almost any flat surface allowing for easy posing for photographs and stop-animation filming.
Low to No Tech
Arts & Craft Supplies
- your imagination is the limit
- Cardboard Challenge
- Cardboard construction pieces
- MakeDo cardboard fasteners & cutters
- create pixel art with these melt-able beads. Form your picture, then ask an adult to iron it for you to fuse the beads together.