Design by Marla Baldwin
Don’t worry! If you’re behind on doing the Flipgrid assignments, you can still do them for FULL credit. I would love to see your face in the video because I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!
- Monday, 3/16: Say your favorite tongue-twister TWICE: https://flipgrid.com/8158e6bf
- Tuesday, 3/17: Sing a siren, demonstrating your lowest and highest notes: https://flipgrid.com/6e823f6c
- Wednesday, 3/18: Sing the major scale with hand signs: https://flipgrid.com/d2ff5aee
- Thursday, 3/19 & Friday, 3/29: (This is a harder, 2-day assignment!) Sing “Solfege in Thirds.” Do Mi Re Fa Mi Sol Fa La Sol Ti La Do Ti Re Do / Do La Ti Sol La Fa Sol Mi Fa Re Mi Do Re Ti Do https://flipgrid.com/22a65dc4
- Monday, 3/23: Sing an excerpt of any song that expresses the way you are feeling today. https://flipgrid.com/77060148
- Tuesday, 3/24: Perform the Hand Jive. https://flipgrid.com/d8f16dc0
- Wednesday, 3/25: Create an original hand jive. https://flipgrid.com/ed2f3ec7
- Thursday, 3/26: Learn and perform “Fanga Alafia” https://flipgrid.com/8b0d9f00
- Friday, 3/27: How silly is your silly song? https://flipgrid.com/5624e5bd
- Monday, 3/30: Use flipgrid to talk to me about how you’re doing so far. Do you have any ideas for other assignments we could do in flipgrid? https://flipgrid.com/611c3668
- Tuesday, 3/31: Sing an excerpt of “Fight Song” with Miss Peterson’s motions. https://flipgrid.com/e32b4a9f
- Wednesday, 4/1: APRIL FOOL’S DAY – Make me believe that you’re a famous singer. Record an excerpt of you doing lip-sync to any song. https://flipgrid.com/8982fb80
- Thursday, 4/2: Solfege composition – Create an original song using only solfege words and signs. Don’t stress out over it; improvisation is the best! https://flipgrid.com/dd74cf48
- Friday, 4/3: Sing a family song. I recommend “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands,” but you can do any song you want. Try to get a parent, a sibling, a pet, or a stuffed animal in the video with you! https://flipgrid.com/5f65ceca
WEEK 4 is SPRING BREAK!!! (no assignments)
- Monday, 4/13: We have done 14 Flipgrid assignments so far. I LOVE hearing you sing and talk to me on these videos! I’d like for you to go back through your Flipgrid account and make sure you have done them all. I will be entering grades into Synergy this week and I want you to get credit for how AWESOME you are!
- Tuesday, 4/14: There have been some fabulous concerts online the last few weeks. Here’s a link to my favorite one so far. I cried on the last song! For today’s assignment, I’d like for you to tell me about a great performance you’ve seen online and post it to Flipgrid: https://flipgrid.com/17850700
- Wednesday & Thursday, 4/15 & 16: Use the melody of a song that you already know, but change the words to be about something else. Sing your parody for me on this Flipgrid: https://flipgrid.com/e5048422
I am going to grade you:
25 points – singing a recognizable melody
25 points – singing creative new lyrics
50 bonus points – because I MISS YOU SO MUCH!
- Friday, 4/17: Catch up on any assignments you are missing. Be sure to check StudentVue!
- Monday & Tuesday, 4/20 & 4/21: Create a recruitment video. What would you say to convince someone they should join Palmer’s Chorus? You can talk, sing, dance, preach, whatever! I will compile the best, most convincing videos and create the recruitment video that I will use next fall. You can email me your video, or post it to this flipgrid: https://flipgrid.com/94958d0b
- Wednesday & Thursday: 4/22 & 4/23: Sing “Shalom Chaverim”. Click here for the sheet music. Click here for the accompaniment. There’s a video of me singing it on this flipgrid: https://flipgrid.com/8d94b509
Week 7: (I emailed your parents the information for the Zoom meeting. Let me know if you still need it.)
- Monday, 4/27: ZOOM video chatting with Palmer Chorus members and Mrs. Baldwin.
- Tuesday, 4/28: ZOOM video chatting with Atlanta Opera singer!!!!
- Wednesday & Thursday: 4/29 & 4/30: This is a playlist on Youtube of a friend of mine. G Phillip Shoultz, III was one of our All State Conductors this year. He has recorded a vocal warm-up and singalong for each day. I would like for you to go through and sing with him on several of these. You don’t have to record anything for me. I trust you to practice singing on your own. I sure do miss singing together with you!!!!
Week 8: *7th & 8th graders, bring me your chorus/band uniform when you come to Palmer to clean out your locker!
- Monday & Tuesday, 5/4 & 5/5: Help me create a digital yearbook for chorus! Please fill out this form, including a picture of yourself. (You have to log in to Office 365 for this one.)
- Wednesday & Thursday, 5/6 & 5/7: This is a link to the Youtube playlist for the ABC Disney Family Singalong. It was recorded by Disney stars while inside their homes. After you watch it, fill out this form to tell me which song you liked the best and why.
- Monday & Tuesday, 5/11 & 5/12: This is a link to the Youtube playlist for the SECOND Disney Family Singalong. Again, it was created by Disney stars will inside their homes. After you watch it, fill out this form to tell me which song you liked the best and why.
- Wednesday & Thursday, 5/13 & 5/14: Do your best impersonation of Mrs. Baldwin singing. An impersonation is when you act like someone else. They are usually meant to be funny. Watch my video to see my silly impersonation of a middle school girl in chorus. https://flipgrid.com/15061d76
Email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
Only I will be able to see the students’ videos. If you go to My.Flipgrid.com, you can log-in (with Office 365) to see comments from me. Under “My Videos”, click “view” in the feedback column.
Use this Quizlet to study: https://quizlet.com/_7qy2iw?x=1jqt&i=2k9iel
“The ultimate goal of the choral experience is the development of the individual both musically and personally for the lifelong pursuit and enjoyment of music.”
I am easiest to reach through email: Marla.Baldwin@cobbk12.org
Choral concerts are the equivalent to a final exam. Attendance is EXTREMELY important. Our team suffers without the valuable contributions of each singer to our group sound. If circumstances arise that cause the student to miss a concert, the following make-up assignment is required.
Here are some sample recordings of the major, minor and chromatic scales in various keys. Use these to help you practice. The students do this so much better than I do. Please don’t laugh. 🙂
Starting on Middle C:
Starting on E:
Starting on A below Middle C:
Starting on E below Middle C: