This week we have several important assignments.
Monday and Tuesday –
- Read chapters 11-15 of A Night Divided and do the reader’s guide questions.
- Movie Pitch Writing Task – Planning and Drafting
- Math Game Board question planning
- Electricity WS (due Monday)
- Civil Rights quiz (open Note – Tuesday)
Wednesday and Thursday –
- Read chapters 16-20 of A Night Divided and do the reader’s guide questions.
- Movie Pitch Writing Task – drafting/revising
- Math Game Board creation
- Math Game Board Due!
- Final Draft of Writing Task Due
- A Night Divided quiz chapters 11-20
There are 3 lessons on common lit. Please don’t do them all at once. The purpose of giving you ELA practice over break is so you won’t lose your mental acuity. Stretch it out!
You also have the rationing activity to work on, although it’s not due until the 12th. It just makes sense, however to work some on it during break.
Things you need to know:
- Arrive at school at 6:30 a.m. We depart at 6:45 a.m. SHARP!!! Please don’t get left behind.
- Our class is split and will be riding two different busses. All students have been assigned to one of our chaperone who will be with them the entire day. We will all be together, but each student should stay close to his or her assigned chaperone.
- Bring two snacks (little ones – ex., a little water bottle and a pack of teddy grahams). Place both inside a gallon size Ziploc bag with your child’s name written in marker upon it.
- You may bring a disposable camera, but don’t take pictures of other children. The teachers will be taking photos of students who have permission to be photographed and will share them on Dojo.
- No electronics!!
- You may bring a light backpack to carry your things, but remember, you have to carry whatever you bring. If you lose it, its gone. You are responsible for your own possessions on this trip.
- Best behavior is expected!!!
- Mrs. Stanley will send out a Dojo message when we leave Chattanooga and when we are 30 minutes away from Lewis.
- All students must be picked up from school no later than 6:00 p.m
- Be sure to let Ms. Stanley see you with your parent.
Here is our itinerary
6:30 a.m. – Arrive at Lewis for check-in
6:45 a.m.- Depart for Chattanooga
9:00 a.m.- Arrive in Chattanooga
- Activity (1) – Ruby Falls
- Activity (2) – Riverboat Cruise and Lunch (Pizza)
- Activity (3) – Tennessee Aquarium
4:00 p.m. Board buses to return home
6:00 p.m. Return to Lewis
This week we are in test prep mode! The ELA test is the Wednesday we get back from break. Thus, the kids will have reading homework over break. I want them to stay sharp and have made them a sweet deal. If they complete homework this week and next, they will not have homework for the rest of the year.
This week, I will assign an article each night on www.commonlit.org The kids will need to do that and the math review.
Next week, I will post three articles on www.commonlit.org and the kids will need to complete those. I’ll have them posted by Wednesday, because our trip is Thursday, and I know some of you might not be here Friday. Don’t forget to do the work, it will pay off!
Also, if your child is not planning on coming to school Friday, please have them see me for the social studies notes and the project we will be completing on Friday. They are still responsible for the work even if they are absent Friday. We will test on WWII when we return from break.
Here is the link for this weekend’s story on Common Lit. You’ll love this author.
Tonight, the kids should do the math review as normal and I’ve assigned an article and questions for them to do online. Click on the link below and have your child log on to commonlit.org Usernames and passwords are written in their agendas.