Write me a letter of introduction, but not an ordinary letter of introduction. Instead, I want you to PRETEND that there are a limited number of seats in this classroom, and that I will be choosing who gets to stay and take the class, based on the letters I receive. In order to be one of the chosen few, you will have to convince me why you should be selected.
- Are you the world’s greatest English student?
- Not so great at English but a hard worker? One who never gives up?
- Are you fun to have around, witty and charming?
- Will you offer something else that will make me glad you’re in my class?
Be persuasive and help me get to know the real you a little better. (And have fun with it!!)
- Letter should be typed, preferably double-spaced in standard MLA font & margins.
- Letter should include an MLA header in the TOP LEFT corner of the page with the following info:
- Student Name
- Instructor Name
- Class & Block
- Due Date
- Letter should include the following information:
- Introduction (My name is…)
- Claim (I should be in your class because…)
- Reason (…I am the best writer who has ever lived.)
- Evidence (See my grades from 8th grade for proof, etc)
- Conclusion (Thank you for your time…)
Make sure you sign/have your parents sign the final page of the syllabus and return by Thursday/Friday August 8-9.Clements 9th Lit. Syllabus 19-20
PS: It’s been on the Class Notebook for a week. Quiz Friday.