Study Guide ( also in your Unit packet) The Age of Exploration Review-18pclew
Monday Oct. 1 Receive Unit Packet
LG: Learn about the ancient African cultures.
- Notes on ancient Africa
- mansa musa article and questions
- mark African early societies on map
- view “Africa: a History Denied” and answer accompanying questions.lost-civilizations-africa-study-questions-1lwyvmr Africa video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2twsEMSErMo
Tuesday Oct. 2
LG: Learn about the early cultures of the Americas.
- notes on the early Americas
- add Americas early cultures to the map
Wednesday Oct. 3
LG: Learn about the early explorers of the Americas, and early cultures.
- Web quest on Early American Societies American cultures web quest-1a9831s
- Age of Explorers chart
- add explorers’ routes to map
- View Maya: The Blood of Kings and answer questions. Mayan video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ivIjbC6m8
Thursday Oct. 4
LG: Learn about the early cultures of the Americas, and the people who came to conquer the new world and their motivations.
- Complete Maya video and questions
- notes on Discovery, Mercantilism and Commerce
- Slave trade added to map
- Great Disease migration article and map
Friday Oct. 5
LG: Learn about the early cultures of the Americas, and how they interacted with the Old World.
- Columbus article and essay
- Guns, Germs, and Steel video and questions
- Columbian Exchange Article and questions
- Complete Study Guide in class for test. TEST MONDAY 10/8
Monday Oct. 8
*TEST Unit 5
LG: Demonstrate knowledge of Early African and American cultures, and the explorers of the New World. Learn about the middle ages, also known as the dark ages.
- Unit 5 Assessment (short test, no essay component)
- The Dark Age video and questions. The Dark Ages video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOn2JB7Uyro