Welcome to Griffin Middle School. My name is Tiffany Comer-Hull. This is my 16th year teaching at Griffin. This year, I will be teaching three 6th grade co-taught Social Studies classes, with my perspective co-teachers, Ms.Kim Johnston and Ms. June Vance. I will also be teaching one 6th grade co-taught Math class, with my perspective co-teacher, Mr. Britton Proctor. Please refer to their Blogs, as they will contain the information in regards to the classes I co-teach. Any further information that you can provide that can help aid me in better understanding your child and their needs is greatly appreciated. You can leave me a message at 678-842-6917 to which I will respond to as soon as possible. You can also reach me by email at Tiffany.Comer-Hull@cobbk12.org ,in which you are sure to receive a quicker response. Thank you so much for allowing your child to attend Griffin Middle School and I look forward to working with you and your child this school year.
The blogs will are updated daily. Please check the blogs for missing assignments, interactive activities you can do at home, classwork, and any other materials that are necessary to ensure mastery of the content standards. These blogs are an added benefit for your student, to ensure they are receiving every tool possible to help them succeed. If you are absent, please check the blog first for the work you missed. Please use the blogs regularly.
Please read the information below in regards to our Griffin Middle School Foundation.
WHO ARE WE?
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole
purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County
School District to fund elements of education such as technology
enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional
faculty and capital improvements.
WHAT HAVE WE FUNDED THE PAST 4 YEARS?
• Awarded over $30,000 in Teacher Grants, providing additional resources
and tools in the classrooms, including this past year: iPads & Kindles,
Media Cart & books in Learning Commons, tuners and metronomes for
Band & Orchestra
• Repainting/refurbishing of the theater; printers for all computer labs
• Headphones for all computers; picnic tables in the Memorial Garden
• Created an annual Legacy Award for two students who have achieved
personal growth through perseverance
WHAT DO WE PLAN TO FUND?
• Outdoor Learning: a GMS Nature Trail, and refurbishing of Outdoor
• Annual Teacher/Classroom Grant program
• Continue technology expansion: classroom sets of laptops with cart
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
• Capital Campaign: Give 2 Griffin (Fall)
• Haunted House (October)
• Student Lock – In (Winter)
HOW CAN YOU HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
• Donate to the campaign
• Volunteer to help with any of our events
• Sponsorship from your business
• Contact Kim Trumble at kim.Trumble1@gmail.com for more information
If you would like to make a contribution to the Griffin Foundation, please click the
yellow DONATE (Pay Pal) button on our GMS homepage: www.cobbk12.org/