We will post recent enhancements as they are made to the Student Performance section of CTLS…….
Attention Middle School & High School Math Teachers
Middle School and High School math teachers, are you tired of snipping every question and answer in CTLS Item Builder because of the lack of math symbols? Have you ever wished that you could use MathType instead? Great news for the New Year! MathType in CTLS Item Builder is now available! If you have MathType on your computer, you can now use it from directly within Item Builder. If you are a middle or high school math teacher and do not have MathType on your computer, you can put in a work order to have it pushed to your teacher laptop.
The Following are 3 helpful videos:
- How to use MathType within Item Builder – For those already familiar with MathType and simply need to use it with CTLS Item Builder
- How to copy MathType equations from a document that is already created – For those with pre-existing assessments in Word that have MathType equations in them
- How to use MathType in general – For those who are not already familiar with MathType
The Following are MathType PDF Directions:
Need more help with using MathType? Please contact your TTIS for more assistance.
Recently you may have noticed some minor changes to the printing tab in Test Management. Now you will find a checkbox to print the assessment including the questions, answers and standard alignment for each question. To do this, click the checkbox and then click “Print Test Document”. This is a great option as a final check of your assessment including answers and alignment prior to Publishing.
For those who would just like the answer key to an assessment, there is now an option to print an Answer Key only. To print an Answer Key only, click on “Answer Key” at the bottom right. This will give you an answer key similar to the one below.
In addition, If you would like to work with the assessment without the tables and other formatting that is in place, you can also choose “Preview and Print Test” option to open the assessment in a new browser tab. Copy and paste the assessment into a new MS Word document so you can edit and customize as needed.
Signing into the CTLS Student Progress Monitoring System has just gotten easier! While we were eating turkey and enjoying time with our family, Technology Services was busy at work creating this new single sign-on feature. When you log into a CCSD device using your login credentials and visit CTLS, you will be signed in automatically. No need to re-enter your CCSD login credentials! This also occurs when logging into the Item Builder tool within CTLS Student Progress Monitoring. As always, in order to protect student privacy, don’t forget to log out of the system when not in use.
When you would like to print a hard copy of a Touchstone Assessment, the best location is the Assessment and Personalized Learning site.
The Touchstone assessments are pushed out to iRespond for giving the tests; however, that is not where you should go to print them. The Touchstone assessments are located on the Assessment and Personalized Learning page of the Intranet. Follow the steps below to get to the Touchstone Assessments.
- Go to www.cobbk12.org
- Under the Employees tab select Intranet
- Under Departments, on the left-hand side, select Assessment and Personalized Learning
- CTLS – If you are working in CTLS, you can also access the Touchstone Assessments on the Web Links tab underneath “For Teachers” located on the dashboard.
- Cobb Teaching and Learning Student Performance Enhancement Blog – Access from the top menu bar “Touchstone and Blueprints” link.
Did You Know that when you build an assessment that uses a supplemental passage you can search for all questions assigned to that passage?
- Open Test Management and find a question with a reading passage. If you need additional support building a test you can find it in the CTLS Support Central.
2. To view the question, click on the icon to the left of the question and then select “Click here to view the passage for this item.” If you like the question and passage add it to your test. Then click “Close Question View”
3. Once the question has been added to the test, put a check in the box to the left of the question. Then, click “view.”
4. Click “Find all Passage Questions.”
5. Check the box beside any additional questions related to the passage to add them to your test.
* If you need additional support contact your local TTIS
When printing tests in CTLS, teachers now have multiple options for printing to allow editing in a less structured document. A new option has been added to allow teachers to be able to edit the Microsoft Word document without the tables in a free-form style that is structured exclusively with paragraph and style formatting for easier editing.
Teachers may notice several changes this year when using iRespond. The program went through a major update this summer and got some new enhancements based on past teacher feedback. The new features were designed to help create a smoother experience when giving formative assessments.
1. One less iRespond icon on Teacher Laptop
No more clicking on iRespond Part 2 when first setting up iRespond. There should only be three icons on a teacher computer. The icons should be: iRespond–This icon links to the software; iRespond Web App–This icon is a link to the student login page; iRespond Now–This icon links to a simplified version of iRespond instructor-paced sessions.
So, do you have the latest iRespond 7.1 software? Teacher laptops should have received the latest version at the beginning of the new school year. Follow the steps below to get 7.1 if your laptop still have the older version.
Want to create a test with questions from a different grade level? Well, now we can in CTLS Test Management! For example, you may want to create a pre-assessment in math at the beginning of the year that contains items from more than one grade level to get baseline data.
Now when you create assessments, you can select from other grade level standards and elements. Check out the step-by-step directions for this exciting new enhancement.
Welcome back! As everyone is preparing for the new school year one thing you won’t have to prepare are assessments if they were created in a previous year! Also, as a new enhancement, you can now copy and move assessments into different subjects and courses! Follow the directions below to locate an assessment from a prior year and create a copy and/or move the assessment to the current school year and subject.
A new search feature has been added to CTLS test setup process to allow searching for questions based on your CTLS User ID (badge number). In other words, you can search for questions that you have personally created. This can provide a quick mechanism to retrieve items that you have created in the Item Builder program that you want to immediately turn around and add to a test.