MIDDLE SCHOOL SURVIVAL VOCABULARY ASSESSMENT – Click on link to take assessment. ALL responses are due by Friday, December 15!
For Tuesday, November 14:
USE THIS LINK TO CREATE YOUR “FAKEBOOK” PAGE FOR YOUR CHARACTER
After watching the video, you will write a 1-2 paragraph reflection summarizing what you learned about the author, the book, and Louis Zamperini. The following questions may help guide your thinking as you write.
1. Why does the author, Laura Hillenbrand, rarely leave her home?
2. How long has she battled this disease?
3. How long did it take for her to write the book Unbroken?
4. What “hooked” the author about Louis Zamperini?
5. Louis Zamperini sent Laura Hillenbrand a gift. What was it and why did he say he sent it to her?
6. What insights did you gain about Louis Zamperini from the comments made by Laura Hillenbrand in the video interview?
7. What do you think Laura Hillenbrand feels about her subject? Does she exhibit any author bias? In this case, would you say any bias on her part was positive or negative?
B-24 Liberator Past and Present:
Click on the link to watch the video. As you watch, look for details about the plane that stand out to you. Think about safety, maneuverability, weaponry. After watching the video, write a paragraph detailing your observations – “Why was the B-24 called a Flying Coffin?”
Remember, Cobb Digital Library is your first resource! It has a wealth of information in one place for you!
The links below will be helpful in finding information about Australia. Please be sure to cite each source completely when you gather information from it. You can use citationmachine.net to help you do a proper citation.
The CIA World Factbook:
“Australia.” CIA Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency, 2015. Web. 22 Jan. 2016.
World Atlas ( This site contains a variety of information, not just maps. Click on the population link to see the population density for Australia.)
“Australia/Oceania.” World Atlas. World Atlas, 14 Aug. 2015. Web. 22 Jan. 2016
“Countries of the World.” World Atlas. World Atlas, 14 Aug. 2015. Web. 22 Jan. 2016.