THE TIME IS HERE!!! The students will take the Biology End of Course test on Monday, May 1st, and Tuesday, May 2nd.
***The students will report to Computer lab 2413 unless your student has received a green slip that tells him/her to report to a different classroom.
The students only need a pencil. Everything else should be provided on the computer and I will provide scratch paper.
The scores should be made available to me about a week after the students take the test. I will provide scores to students and parents as soon as they are made available.
Remember, this is worth 20% of the students’ overall grades. PLEASE STUDY OVER THE WEEKEND!!! USATestPrep needs to be your student’s best friend. Don’t forget, students that make A’s on the EOC are exempt from taking my final exam 🙂
WE WILL BE HAVING END OF COURSE TEST REVIEW SESSIONS!!
The help sessions will be offered:
- April 17-21 after school 3:45 – 4:45
- April 24-28 before school 7:15-8:15 AND after school 3:45 – 4:45
This equals up to 15 help sessions! Students that attend and participate in 7 sessions will be given a free 100 test grade 🙂
Please be sure to attend as many help sessions as possible!
Students were given a vocabulary review sheet to study for quiz tomorrow!
The answers to the review sheet:
- Prezygotic Isolation, 2. Postzygotic Isolation, 3. Adaptive Radiation, 4. Gradualism, 5. Punctuated Equilibrium, 6. Mimicry, 7. Camouflage, 8. Hardy Weinberg Principle, 9. Genetic Drift, 10. Founder Effect, 11. Endosymbiotic theory, 12. Artificial Selection, 13. Natural Selection, 14. Evolution, 15. Fossil, 16. Bottleneck Effect, 17. Stabilizing Selection, 18. Directional Selection, 19. Disruptive Selection, 20. Sexual Selection/Behavioral Isolation, 21. Homologous Structures, 22. Analogous Structures, 23. Vestigial Structures, 24. Fitness, 25. Convergent evolution
Unit 7 will focus on Evolution (Chapters 14 & 15)
Midpoint quiz will be Thursday, 04/13
Unit test will be Tuesday, 04/18 (Learning Objectives due)
Unit 6 will be covering Classification (Chapters 17 & 18 in the book)
- Learning Objectives and Quiz over this unit will be Friday, March 31st.
- If you know you will be absent on Friday, plan on taking the quiz after school on Thursday, March 30th.
Please check your grades 🙂
Thursday, March 2nd – Unit 4 Midpoint Quiz
Wednesday, March 8th – Unit 4 Test , Learning Objectives due
FRIDAY, MARCH 10TH – MIDTERM!!!
*** Dont forget: There is tutoring every Friday morning 7:15- 8:15
The PSAT scores are here! All 9th and 10th graders and their parents are invited to attend a meeting on Wednesday, February 1st @ 6pm in the theater. During the meeting, student PSAT scores will be distributed and explained. Additionally, students who have been identified as having potential for success in AP classes will receive information about those classes.
Resources for Unit 2:
***Cell Diagrams/Organelle Functions – www.cellsalive.com
***Facilitated Diffusion Simulation:
***Protein Pump Simulation:
Tuesday, January 24th – Cell Organelle Quiz
Friday, January 27th – Learning Objectives Due, Unit 2 Test, ***Honors Project due ***