Using the following guide as you read and annotate this selection.
- Read the passage about the creation of the borders of Georgia.
- Look for references in the text for things you already know (e.g., the Charter, Battle of Bloody Marsh, north Georgia’s coal deposits, etc.).
- Annotate the text as you read:
- Star (*) the things you already know
- Circle and define unfamiliar terms
- Underline main ideas
- Write each paragraph summary in the margins
- Beat the Teacher: write five questions based on the reading, trying to stump other students and the teacher!