Wow! Can you believe this winter?! While I enjoyed our spontaneous break last week, I am glad to be back! I hope everyone had a safe extended weekend. Now, let’s get back to work!!
- Science Fair is January 24. Projects must be here by 8:00
- Students have a full week of homework–(spelling list is repeated from last week)
- Six Flags 600 minute Reading Challenge is due by February 13 in order to earn a free ticket to the park
- Tutoring begins this week, so make appropriate afterschool changes
- We are continuing with our fractions unit; author study; opinion writing
- Our class has library lesson and checkout on Friday, 1/26
- Students will be completing a project on animal habitats, so be on the lookout for information and grading expectations
- Please sign and return WEEKLY BEHAVIOR SHEETS the next school day along with Friday folders
I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving! We have a busy week ahead and only 18 days before Christmas Break!! Please return Friday Folders and Weekly Behavior Reports ASAP! We are still looking for donations for our class basket raffle. If you are interested, please send in donations as soon as possible.
We are approaching the halfway mark of the year, and we are in dire need of class supplies. Please send in:
- Glue sticks (lots!)
Our holiday party is being held on December 19. I typically host a breakfast for the class, but I will need volunteers to help manage/cook in the class. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out with this. The kids always love it!
Don’t forget the last 2 days of school before break (12/19 and 12/20) are half days with dismissal at 12:30
Wow! Can you believe we are just a few days away from November?! It has been a whirl-wind since conferences and Red Ribbon Week! We only have 15 school days until we’re out for Thanksgiving break. Let’s make the most of it!
- Please do not send trick-or-treat candy to school in lunches or for snack this week. Also students are not allowed to wear costumes on Tuesday.
- This week is the Scholastic Book Fair. Please stop by before or after school and support our school by purchasing some books. Students will be allowed to go to the Book Fair at some point during the day.
- We will begin area and perimeter this week in math.
- We will continue with informational writing and reading
Return Field trip forms and $$ ASAP!!
Welcome to the team!
I am so excited about this year. My name is Dawn Gooch and I have my Master’s in Reading and Literacy and have received my Gifted endorsement. I have been at Pitner since it opened in 2003. During my time here, I have taught mostly 4th grade, so this is an exciting change for me. My husband and I have 2 children. Our daughter graduated last year from Allatoona High School and our son is a sophomore playing football, wrestling, and lacrosse, so I understand busy schedules! I look forward to working with you this year!