Thursday, May 3rd : Primary Field Day
Friday, May 4th: Last FBI (Fathers Being Involved) Reading Day
May 7-11th: Bedford Falls Book Fair
Friday, May 11th: ALL library books are due! Plants In house Field Trip and Scholastic Book Orders DUE!
Friday, May 11th: Performing and Visual Arts Night
Monday, May 14th: End of the Year Awards at 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday, May 15th: Los Bravos Spirit Night and Yearbook Signing Party
Friday, May 18th: Cobb County Public Library Presentation and Tic-Tac-Toe Homework due!
Tuesday, May 22nd: Early Release Day
Wednesday, May 23rd: Early Release Day and LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
**Look for an info. sheet to go home soon about the last week of school themed days.
April 10th and 11th—Jump Rope for Heart donations are due!
Friday, April 20th – PTA Food Truck Movie Night
Tuesday, April 24th – Kindergarten Orientation Breakfast
Wednesday, April 25th—School wide B3 Celebration
Thursday, April 26th – LAST Progress Report sent home
Thursday, April 26th– Performing and Visual Arts Night
Friday, April 27th – Yearbook ordering deadline
Monday, April 30th– Homework DUE
Just a couple of reminders for this week:
- 12:30 pm Early Release Day: Students will be dismissed two hours early! Dismissal begins at 12:30pm. ASP services are still available.
- 6:00 pm Relay for Life Talent Show: Food will be sold—pizza, candy, baked goods and drinks. The show begins at 6:00 p.m. Ticket information is on the NES website.
- 7:20-7:45 am Jump Rope for Heart: Morning Jump Time with your $1 donation. Don’t forget that students must eat first before going to the gym.
Just a couple of reminders for NEXT week:
- If you are interested in purchasing a DLI shirt…orders are due today! Forms went home on Tuesday, March 13th in your child’s take home folder.
- Report Cards go home! Please send back the signed envelope.
- LAST DAY to order Field Day t-shirts. Order online at www.beabetterbrave.com
Friday, 3/23: Field Trip to the Zoo!
- If you are packing your child’s lunch, it needs to be in a disposable bag. Please DO NOT pack milk/milk products in your student’s lunch bag. ALL items will be thrown away.
- We ask that your child wear their DLI shirt, Nickajack shirt or school colors along with comfortable shoes as we will be on our feet most of the day.
- Please put sunscreen on your student at home.
- Dismissal will be at regular school hours.
Saturday: Nickajack DASH and Silent Auction. The fun begins at 9:00 a.m. More information can be found at http://nickajackpta.com/
We hope to see you there! =)
**** Looking ahead, homework will be due on Friday, March 30th. ****
- Reading and Math packet.
- Reading-myON Book Report.
- Students will log on to myON online Reading program.
- Students will click on Projects (pencil symbol on top)
- Students will choose the book set entitled Tarea de Marzo
- Students will listen to the story and complete their very first Book Report in Spanish.
- Students will identify the characters, the title of the book and the setting of the story. *Students may draw or attempt to write words/sentences (English is okay for the writing section…please do not Google translate for your child. This is the beauty part of transferring information in between both languages. J)
- Science- STEAM Zoo Project to be turned in a shoe box.
We hope everyone enjoyed their Winter Break! We are excited to have heard all about your kiddo’s fun time off with friends and loved ones.
Be sure to check out our Blog Pages. We have updated:
- March Newsletter
- March Parent Resources
- Specials Calendar
Just a couple of reminders for this week:
- Feb 27th – Six Flags Read to Succeed Logs DUE. No late logs will be accepted.
- Feb 28th– Homework due!
- English Packet
- Spanish- Teachers will be checking for 8 Spanish Books to be read on MyOn. ** The amount of books will be checked Tuesday early evening. Students learned today how many books they have read thus far. =)
- March 2nd—Picture Day
- March 7th– Field Trip Forms & Payments due.
- March 16th– Scholastic Book orders are due, if you are interested. https://clubs.scholastic.com/
We have a created a sign up for the month of March….thank YOU for your continued support.
If you should have any questions, please let us know.
KiDtalk & TeacherTalk 2018 are here!
KiDtalk & TeacherTalk are competitions for Cobb students & teachers. This year we’re asking students to tell us how they’re inspired. Winners will speak to all Cobb teachers across the district during Learning Kickoff. All KiDtalk submissions are due by April 13, 2018. Visit www.kidtalkcobb.com for complete competition details.
Hello families and welcome back!
We hope you were able to enjoy the snow days and stayed warm. We were excited to see that some of the students logged on to myON Reading program, Sumdog Math program and Estrellita Spanish Phonics program. We are very excited to celebrate the 100th Day of school this week and share some important reminders for the remainder of the month.
100th day of school will be celebrated on Friday, Jan. 26th. 100th Day project will be due on this day. Don’t forget if your child wants to dress up on this day, they may do so. Please refer to the letter that went home for some ideas.
If you signed up for an item to send in for this fun event, please send in no later than Wednesday so we can set everything up. Thank you!
Make sure you look in your child’s red communication folder as there will be a letter sent home from Mrs. Courson
Media Center Day will be on Friday. Make sure your child brings their book back to allow them to check out a new one. =)
Have your child log on to myON and complete the interest inventory test as well as placement test to allow your child to access book sets in Spanish. Follow these easy steps to access Spanish books that have been assigned to your child….
1. Click on “Projects” You will be taken to a new screen that shows 3 Assigned Projects—ones that are in Spanish
2. Click on different folders and you will find numerous book titles.
Don’t forget that Parent Information and Learning Resources page has been updated and has some great information for you and your child to practice what is being taught in both classrooms.
· Homework will be due on Wednesday, January 31st in your child’s green homework folder. Homework needs to be turned in by the morning upon your child’s arrival in order for them to participate in Lunch Bunch.
English homework- Language Arts and Math
Spanish homework- Social Studies
· Nickajack Braves Bucks cash in day will be on Thursday, February 1st. Make sure to ask your child what prize they are working towards