April 10th and 11th—Jump Rope for Heart donations are due!
Friday, April 20th – PTA Food Truck Movie Night
Tuesday, April 24th – Kindergarten Orientation Breakfast
Wednesday, April 25th—School wide B3 Celebration
Thursday, April 26th – LAST Progress Report sent home
Thursday, April 26th– Performing and Visual Arts Night
Friday, April 27th – Yearbook ordering deadline
Monday, April 30th– Homework DUE
Just a couple of reminders for this week:
- 12:30 pm Early Release Day: Students will be dismissed two hours early! Dismissal begins at 12:30pm. ASP services are still available.
- 6:00 pm Relay for Life Talent Show: Food will be sold—pizza, candy, baked goods and drinks. The show begins at 6:00 p.m. Ticket information is on the NES website.
- 7:20-7:45 am Jump Rope for Heart: Morning Jump Time with your $1 donation. Don’t forget that students must eat first before going to the gym.
Just a couple of reminders for NEXT week:
- If you are interested in purchasing a DLI shirt…orders are due today! Forms went home on Tuesday, March 13th in your child’s take home folder.
- Report Cards go home! Please send back the signed envelope.
Friday, 3/23: Field Trip to the Zoo!
- If you are packing your child’s lunch, it needs to be in a disposable bag. Please DO NOT pack milk/milk products in your student’s lunch bag. ALL items will be thrown away.
- We ask that your child wear their DLI shirt, Nickajack shirt or school colors along with comfortable shoes as we will be on our feet most of the day.
- Please put sunscreen on your student at home.
- Dismissal will be at regular school hours.
Saturday: Nickajack DASH and Silent Auction. The fun begins at 9:00 a.m. More information can be found at http://nickajackpta.com/
We hope to see you there! =)
**** Looking ahead, homework will be due on Friday, March 30th. ****
- Reading-myON Book Report.
- Students will log on to myON online Reading program.
- Students will click on Projects (pencil symbol on top)
- Students will choose the book set entitled Tarea de Marzo
- Students will listen to the story and complete their very first Book Report in Spanish.
- Students will identify the characters, the title of the book and the setting of the story. *Students may draw or attempt to write words/sentences (English is okay for the writing section…please do not Google translate for your child. This is the beauty part of transferring information in between both languages. J)
- Science- STEAM Zoo Project to be turned in a shoe box.
We sure are lucky to have a great group of students and families! Thank YOU for your continued support this school year!
We hope everyone enjoyed their Winter Break! We are excited to have heard all about your kiddo’s fun time off with friends and loved ones.
Be sure to check out our Blog Pages. We have updated:
- March Newsletter
- March Parent Resources
- Specials Calendar
Just a couple of reminders for this week:
- Feb 27th – Six Flags Read to Succeed Logs DUE. No late logs will be accepted.
- Feb 28th– Homework due!
- English Packet
- Spanish- Teachers will be checking for 8 Spanish Books to be read on MyOn. ** The amount of books will be checked Tuesday early evening. Students learned today how many books they have read thus far. =)
- March 2nd—Picture Day
We have a created a sign up for the month of March….thank YOU for your continued support.
If you should have any questions, please let us know.
KiDtalk & TeacherTalk 2018 are here!
KiDtalk & TeacherTalk are competitions for Cobb students & teachers. This year we’re asking students to tell us how they’re inspired. Winners will speak to all Cobb teachers across the district during Learning Kickoff. All KiDtalk submissions are due by April 13, 2018. Visit www.kidtalkcobb.com for complete competition details.
We hope everyone has an amazing holiday season and enjoys the time off.
A BIG thank you for the very generous holiday gifts and yummy treats! You all are truly the sweetest!
Just wanted to send some reminders:
- Thursday, January 4th: Students report back to school!
- Friday, January 5th: Report Cards will be sent home in your child’s red folder. Please sign the white signature card and return with the envelope.
We had a great time seeing everyone dressed up this week…pictures will be uploaded soon.
Many many thanks for signing up to send in goodies for our Holiday party and our themed days this week. We appreciate your support!
Have a fantastic holiday season with friends and loved ones! We wish you all the best in the new year!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars with all of our fun events this month!
Wednesday, December 14th: Winter Holiday Celebration
Holiday Party and Sock Exchange at 11:10. We hope to see you there!
Monday, Dec. 18: Snowman Day (dress up as a jolly snowman)
Tuesday, Dec. 19: Reindeer Day (wear antlers or brown)
Wednesday, Dec. 20: Polar Express Day (wear your pajamas to school) *no slippers please
If you haven’t had a chance to sign up for our themed week and/or Holiday Party, please check out the sign-up sheet below. Many thanks for your continued support!