On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, we will be collecting all of our monies and orders for our fundraiser. We want to thank you for all participating in this fundraiser. The band cannot function without all the help that you provide.
We still need several parents to help with collecting money on those days. If you are available please fill out the signup genius:
Below you will find the procedure for turning in Brochure Orders and for people just making donations. If you have any questions please email Mr. Grimes.
When you turn in a brochure order on Wednesday or Thursday you will need three things:
- Money for all the orders made out in one check to Dickerson Middle School
- Your order form. You can send in the original or a copy. If you send in an original we will make a copy and send the original back with your student.
- A pick sheet. The pick sheet is a order sheet with all the items you are ordering and the amounts. You can download the sheet below in either excel or PDF format. The Excel version will add the amounts for you.
PDF Version of Pick Sheet
Excel Version of Pick Sheet
4. Your student will turn in all three items during class on Wednesday or Thursday. They must turn it in during class in the band room. We will have very specific labels that must be placed on the money envelope before it is turned in.
If your family is making a donation in lieu of selling items you will need to follow this procedure:
- Your student will bring the money in on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Your student will turn in the money during class on Wednesday or Thursday. They must turn it in during class in the band room. We will have very specific labels that must be placed on the money envelope before it is turned in.
Again, if you have any questions about the process please let Mr. Grimes know, and thank you for your help.
You will see several new tests grades appear as we learn to read music and continue to work on our first five notes. All tests in band class are available for retakes if your student is not happy with their grade. Students may email Mr. Grimes a video of the test or come in at 8am for morning practice to retake the test. If you have any questions about our grading policies or procedures please refer to the band handbook.
Several of you have asked about the uniform for 6th grade concerts. Both the winter and spring 6th Grade Concert uniforms are T-Shirts and jeans. T-shirt order forms will be going out after Fall break. Please be on the look out for these.
All 7th and 8th graders have been fitted for uniforms. We will be sending out information after break about the cost for Tux rentals and dresses. If you have any questions prior to that please email Mr. Grimes.
Our 7th graders will begin to test using Smartmusic this week. Please refer to the Smartmusic page on our website if you need to remember how to sign in. Students that have a subscription at home will have more time and attempts when taking tests, so we highly suggest an at home subscription.
On Friday we announced that our 8th grade band will be taking a spring trip to Orlando Florida to perform at The University of Central Florida, see The Blueman Group perform, and visit Universal Studios. Your student should have brought home a yellow intent form and an information packet. At this time we are estimating a cost of $725, but we will not know the final cost until all intent forms are turned in. We must have all intent forms turned in by this Friday September 20th. If you have any questions please email Mr. Grimes.
Our 8th graders will begin to test using Smartmusic this week. Please refer to the Smartmusic page on our website if you need to remember how to sign in. Students that have a subscription at home will have more time and attempts when taking tests, so we highly suggest an at home subscription.