Skip to content
- Watch Anatomy of GarageBand: Edit Window & Quantization
- Open your DrumBeatA project.
- Practice playing the drum kits
- As a class, we will review how to use overdub recording to make a drum beat.
- Setup cycle repeat for 4 measures
- Turn on the metronome
- Press play & practice playing the kick/bass drum
- Activate the recording with the “R” key and record your bass drum rhythm
- Deactivate the recording with the “R” key
- Practice your next rhythm.
- Activate the recording and record your next rhythm.
- Repeat the process with all 4-5 of your sounds.
- Quantize your rhythms as you work.
- Remember, your drum beat must be composed of 4-5 sounds
- Kick/bass drum
- You might find these short videos helpful.
- Parts of A Drum Set
- Example Drum Beats and Common Rhythms