For this project, you will use “Found Sound” to create a drum beat. Found sound is common noises which have been recorded. Ripping tape, crinkling paper, plucking a pencil, running the water, and other common noises are frequently used for this purpose. Listen to this example.
- Create a new project titled “8-2.Last.First.FinalProject.band”
- Download the samples (click here) to use in creating your drum beat. Watch this video (click here) and follow its instructions to create the bass drum portion of your drum beat.
- When you finish the video, continue working on your drums. Repeat the steps in the video for your snare drum, metallic, and other sounds.
- Your “Found Sound” drum beat should meet the following requirements.
- Be rhythmically appropriate & interesting.
- Last 8 measures.
- Replicate the sound of a 1. Bass Drum, 2. Snare Drum, 3. Metallic Sound, and two additional sounds of your choice (Sounds 4 & 5).
- Sounds must be well balanced
- Rhythms must be in time
- Include effects that modify the recorded sound (EQ, reverb, delay, etc.)
- Click here for instructions about how to do this.
What does a bass drum, snare drum, and metallic instrument sound like? Click here to find out.
Having trouble with rhythms? Here is a helpful file that demonstrates how to make 1/4 note, 1/8 note, 1/16 note, and other rhythms.