A FEW OF YOU HAVE NOT TURNED IN PERMISSION FORMS! GET THEM IN!!!
T-SHIRT PICKUP IN THE MEDIA CENTER TOMORROW MORNING: 8:50-9:05 OR SEE DR. KAHT DURING THE DAY!
Finally heard back from the directors for this weekend. There was an email /communication error and we just received sign up information. However, since the error was not on us, they will try to accommodate our times. So for A Team the following times are submitted. These can most likely be tweaked.
Battery Buggy 2:40-2:50
Roller Coaster – No Times Open at This Time – Will Set Up (1:00) with director
Towers 11:50-12:00 (I know you want 12:00 so you will be fine to get there when you get there.)
Write Stuff 10:45 – 11:00 (same thought as Towers)
Below is also information from SO:
Here are some important notes and reminders as we approach the tournament.
1. Wednesday morning (6 am) you will receive a link to register your participants for Battery Buggy, Roller Coasters, Towers, and Wright Stuff. If you are not signed up for events by Thursday evening at 11:00 pm, we’ll know that means you are not participating in those events.
2. Review the requirements for student needs at each event. As an example, if safety goggles are required, they will not be allowed to participate without them.
3. Students should bring their own pencils to each event.
4. The Middle School SO Tournament will be held on Saturday, March 3rd at Oconee County High School (2721 Hog Mountain Rd, Watkinsville, GA 30677). Please see the attached maps of the school that shows where to enter and park.
5. Tournament check-in begins at 8:15 am. Please DO NOT plan to arrive any earlier as we will be making final preparations. The doors will not open to coaches, parents, or participants until 8:15 am. Thank you for helping spread the word to your teams.
6. Lunch is not provided, but you are welcome to bring in coolers, snacks, and food for your participants. Each group will be assigned tables to serve as “home base” for the day. There are several local restaurants close by as well.
Below are two other links for parking and map of the tournament area at Oconee County High School. You will see the most events are on the Science Wing of the school so travel between events will be quick.
OCHS entrance and parking (1)-wqam73
OCHS map (1)-20pfoz9
Let me know if you need anything!