Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains,
Here is what you can expect this week:
Social Studies: This week we will wrap up our learning on European systems of government and we will begin looking at economics. Please make sure you have highlighters so you can use them for the instructional materials this week. The teacher’s notes on economics are big.
- Tuesday: Government review. Graded papers passed back
- Wednesday: Quiz and start economics
- Thursday: Economics
- Friday: Economics and CNN 10
Here is a link to a quizizz to help you review for Wednesday’s quiz. https://quizizz.com/join?gc=646551 Game code: 646551
Math: This week we are going to begin to learn about surface area. We are going to be using strategies you already learned and applying them to a new concept. We will be building shapes and using concrete approaches to introduce this concept. Be ready to work with a partner and construct some shapes. There will not be a lot of homework this week because we are building new knowledge.
Please bring scissors and tape Wednesday. We will use them in class Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Tuesday: Weekly skills #16, cube exploration, surface area MSG quick notes.
- Wednesday: Weekly skills #16, nets and characteristics of 3-d shapes
- Thursday: Weekly skills #16, nets of cubes and rectangular prisms
- Friday: Weekly skills #16, nets of triangular prisms and pyramids
Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains! Here is what this week has in store.
Social Studies: This week we are going to continue learning about European systems of government. Specifically, we are going to learn about the government of the U.K., Germany, and Russia. There is a quiz on Wednesday, 1-22-2020. The quiz will not be open note, but we will be preparing for it in class throughout the week. Please make sure you have highlighters. Three different colors will do. We are going to use them to annotate texts throughout the week, and the different colors will draw attention to important details. Scissors and colored pencils are also needed this week. Please have them with you by Wednesday.
- Monday – European Government Teacher Notes, Warm Up #14, and European Government Graphic Organizer
- Tuesday – Warm Up #14, finish European Government Graphic Organizer
- Wednesday – Warm Up #14, finish European Government Graphic Organizer
- Thursday – Warm Up #14, European Government vocabulary activities
- Friday – CNN 10, government vocabulary activities
Math: This week we will be applying what we have learned about area to take the area quiz, solve composite area problems, and we will start to learn about surface area. The area quiz is Monday, 1-13-2020. The quiz IS open note, so make sure you have your MSG with you. Remember to bring a calculator. You ARE allowed to use a 4-function calculator for all of unit 5 and unit 6.
- Monday – Weekly Skills Review #15, area quiz
- Tuesday – Weekly Skills Review #15, composite area MSG notes
- Wednesday – Weekly Skills Review #15, composite area practice (SCOOT)
- Thursday – Weekly Skills Review #15, composite area check in, surface area exploration
- Friday – Weekly Skills Review #15 due, surface area exploration
Remember to return those scoliosis forms if you have not already done so.
Looking forward to another week learning with you. 🙂
Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains! I am going to try something new this year to see if it makes accessing information on my blog easier for you and more efficient for me. I will be posting a longer post, but once a week. Let’s see if this is a better fit for all of us.
Social Studies: This week we are learning about systems of government in European countries. Here is an approximate schedule of what this week will hold:
- Monday – District Geography Bee
- Tuesday – Review of the 3 branches of government
- Wednesday – Characteristics of parliamentary vs. presidential democracies
- Thursday – Characteristics of democracy vs. authoritarianism
- Friday – Reading Inventory (computer lab)
We will be using articles, videos, the textbook to explore these topics in class. There will be no assigned homework this week, but you may need to finish class work at home if it is not completed during the time you have in class to work on it. There are no tests or quizzes this week.
Math: This week we are learning to find area of parallelograms and triangles. Parallelograms are a review, but triangles are new to 6th grade. Here is an approximate schedule of what this week will hold:
- Monday – Exploring area using grid paper
- Tuesday – Using A= bh to find area and missing dimensions for parallelograms. 5 question homework finding the area of parallelograms.
- Wednesday – Using A = 1/2bh to find the area of triangles. 5 question homework finding the area of triangles.
- Thursday – Applying the correct formula to find the area of a parallelogram or a triangle (class practice). 6 question homework with parallelograms and triangles.
- Friday – OPEN NOTE area quiz. Make sure you have your MSG.
We started Weekly Skills Review #14 this week. It is due Friday, but we will keep working a little each day in class. Just make sure you are all caught up and ready to turn it in on Friday.
Here are a few links to videos that will help you review or preview what we are doing this week.
Area of Parallelograms (anywhere math video)
Area of Triangles (mathematics is fun video)
Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains! Here are the highlights from today.
Social Studies: Today in class you finished up the European History Timeline project. Some of you started looking at European holiday traditions. The only homework tonight is to finish your timeline project if you did not get it done in class.
Math: Today in class we went over the correct answers to the Unit 4 Test. Some of you started on your test corrections in class, others of you started the Unit 4 Touchstone. The only homework tonight is to work on the test correction if you are completing one.
See you tomorrow! Remember we release at 1:30. 🙂
Hello, Kiddos! Here are the highlights from today:
Social Studies: Today in class you continued working on the European History Timeline project. If you are not done with 3 pages, you took some home to work on it. Otherwise, you are on track to turn in your project on time in class.
Math: Today in class you took the Unit 4 test. Tomorrow we will go over the correct answers and requirements for a correction if you need to complete one. There is no math homework tonight.
5th Block – We will be enjoying HOLIDAY TREATS together on Friday. Please remember to bring in your own drink (yes, even soda :)) to enjoy. I will bring in a cooler and ice to keep it cold for you. I will bring in our treats, so just worry about bringing in a special treat to quench your thirst.
Good afternoon, kiddos! Here are the highlights from today:
Social Studies: Today in class you worked on your European History timeline project. There is no homework tonight.
Math: Today in class we went over the answers to the study guide and practiced for the Unit 4 test tomorrow.
Here are links to quizizz to study if you feel like you need to: 🙂
https://quizizz.com/join/ Game Code 504610 (Inequality Practice)
https://quizizz.com/join/ Game Code 431593 (Equation Practice)
See you tomorrow, kiddos!
Hello, Global Citizens and Math Brains! Here are the highlights from today.
Social Studies: Today in class you took the European History test. There is no homework tonight.
Math: Today in class you took the Math Inventory assessment. There is no homework tonight.
Although there is NO HOMEWORK, it is a good idea to check your grades. We only have a few days left in the marking period, and if something is missing you need to make it up and turn it in soon. 🙂
See you tomorrow!
It was so fun to be your teacher today! I enjoyed all of you today, from 1st to 5th block. Here are the highlights:
Social Studies: Today in class we reviewed for the European History test. Here is the link and the code for the quizizz if you want to use it to study. Use game code 887834.
Math: Today in class we played a substitution game with inequalities. Homework is to finish both sides of the inequality practice by Friday.
Have a good night! See you tomorrow. 🙂
I had so fun being your teacher today! Here are the highlights.
Social Studies: Today we looked at the impacts of the world wide economic depression through the lens European History. There is no homework tonight, but it is a very good idea to complete your study guide by Monday. We will go over the correct answers in class then.
Math: Today in class we worked on the Dinosaur Direct Variation. There is no homework tonight, since you will have all of class to finish this tomorrow.
Have a great evening, kiddos. See you tomorrow!
Here are the highlight from today:
Social Studies: Today in class we continued working on the Cold War and German Reunification classwork. There is no assigned homework tonight.
Math: Today in class we continued working with direct variation. There is no homework tonight.
See you tomorrow. 🙂