Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains! I hope you are preparing to head back to school tomorrow after a restful, relaxing, enjoyable Winter Break! Here is what you can expect this week:
Social Studies: We will continue to focus on Australia and Canada. We will be looking at the history of their colonization, the independence movement in Quebec, and trade barriers for Australia. The test for Australia and Canada is Thursday, March 5th. Study guides will be given this week. Please make sure you have highlighters (at least 3 different colors) so you can use them throughout the week as needed.
- Monday: Start Warm Up#17 (due Friday), review for Australia and Canada map quiz, start discussing the European colonization of Australia.
- Tuesday: Continue working on Warm Up #17, take the Australia and Canada map quiz, and begin taking notes on the history and colonization of Australia using the textbook.
- Wednesday: Continue working on Warm Up #17, finish taking notes on the history and colonization of Australia.
- Thursday: Continue working on Warm Up #17, Quebec’s Independence Movement.
- Friday: Warm Up #17 due after CNN 10, Australian trade barriers.
Math: We are continuing with statistics this week, but we will be covering new topics. Please make sure you have colors and highlighters for MSG notes that we will be taking in class. It is also helpful to have a calculator since you will need it for unit 6 work and this week’s Weekly Skills review. Finally, you will need a dry erase marker Tuesday, so make sure it is with you.
- Monday: Weekly Skills Review #20 Day 1, measures of variation video, measures of variation MSG notes.
- Tuesday: Weekly Skills Review #20 Day 2, measure of variation class practice, ticket out the door, measures of variation homework.
- Wednesday: Weekly Skills Review #20 Day 3, measures of variation group practice
- Thursday: Weekly Skills Review #20 Day 4, measures of variation independnet classwork.
- Friday: Weekly Skills Review #20 DUE, data display MSG notes, start class data display project.
I can’t wait to see you back in class tomorrow! 🙂
Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains. It was great to see you today. I was out sick yesterday, so our week was off to a different start. Today we got back into the swing of things and hit the ground running. Here is what you can expect for the rest of the week.
Social Studies: This week we will be focusing on the geography, natural resources, and climate of Australia and Canada. There will not be any homework this week, unless you need to finish something that you did not finish in class. Please make sure you are coming to class prepared. Bringing writing utensils, highlighters, and colored pencils will maximize your instructional time this week.
- Monday – Australia intro video clip and textbook reading
- Tuesday – Australia’s physical features
- Wednesday – Australia’s location, climate, and natural resources
- Thursday – Canada’s geography and physical features
- Friday – Canada’s population and its impact on trade/CNN 10. Warm Up #18 Due
Math: This week we are starting our statistics unit. Specifically we are focusing on finding the mean, median, and mode of data sets. Please make sure you are bringing a calculator and writing utensils with you daily. You will also need your dry erase marker.
- Monday – Attaching Unit 6 notes to MSGs and completing math review.
- Tuesday – Statistical questions and MSG notes on measures of center. Statistical Questions homework.
- Wednesday – Measures of center MSG notes and practice on white boards. Mean, Mode, Median homework.
- Thursday – Measures of center classwork. Mean, Mode, Median homework.
- Friday – Measures of center quiz.
Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains. Here is what you can expect this week.
Social Studies: This week we are wrapping up European economics. There is a test on Thursday, so make sure you complete the study guide and review the vocabulary.
- Monday: Complete Comparing Countries and start European Union.
- Tuesday: European Union PPT and starting persuasive advertisement about choosing to join the EU or not.
- Wednesday: European Union persuasive advertisement about choosing to join the EU or not. EU Membership map.
- Economics Test
- Intro to Australia and CNN 10.
You can use this quizizz link to study for Thursday’s test.
Game code: 472981
Math: This week we are covering volume and wrapping up Unit 5. There is a test on Friday, so make sure you complete the study guide you were given.
- Monday: MSG notes on volume.
- Tuesday: Volume practice and TOD.
- Wednesday: Volume practice
- Thursday: Review
- Friday: Unit 5 test
Please make sure you have a CALCULATOR daily. It will make you life a lot easier. 🙂