Hello Global Citizens and Math Brains. It was great to see you today. I was out sick yesterday, so our week was off to a different start. Today we got back into the swing of things and hit the ground running. Here is what you can expect for the rest of the week.
Social Studies: This week we will be focusing on the geography, natural resources, and climate of Australia and Canada. There will not be any homework this week, unless you need to finish something that you did not finish in class. Please make sure you are coming to class prepared. Bringing writing utensils, highlighters, and colored pencils will maximize your instructional time this week.
- Monday – Australia intro video clip and textbook reading
- Tuesday – Australia’s physical features
- Wednesday – Australia’s location, climate, and natural resources
- Thursday – Canada’s geography and physical features
- Friday – Canada’s population and its impact on trade/CNN 10. Warm Up #18 Due
Math: This week we are starting our statistics unit. Specifically we are focusing on finding the mean, median, and mode of data sets. Please make sure you are bringing a calculator and writing utensils with you daily. You will also need your dry erase marker.
- Monday – Attaching Unit 6 notes to MSGs and completing math review.
- Tuesday – Statistical questions and MSG notes on measures of center. Statistical Questions homework.
- Wednesday – Measures of center MSG notes and practice on white boards. Mean, Mode, Median homework.
- Thursday – Measures of center classwork. Mean, Mode, Median homework.
- Friday – Measures of center quiz.