Social Studies: We are continuing our understanding of personal finance. Here is the link for the Microsoft Form with information and questions on this important topic. Banking
Here is a quick video on banking that illustrates how they work. YouTube Video – Banking
Math: Today we are starting unit 8, which is technically the first unit of 7th grade. We are going to introduce operations with positive and negative numbers, starting with adding positive and negative numbers. Here we go. 🙂
- Watch BOTH of the videos below. They are about 4 minutes each. You will find that one of the strategies makes more sense to you. Some of your brains will “get it” using number lines, and others will “get it” using the counters. The purpose of having you watch both videos is so you can decide the strategy that makes the most sense to you.
- Use the link to print your assignment for today. Adding Positive and Negative Integers
- If you are ready to roll, go ahead and complete your assignment. If you want to work through a couple of problems with me, then choose the strategy that you prefer and we can work through the first few problems on your assignment together. If you prefer using a number line, you may want to print this to help you solve the problems. Number line Document (no problems)
- Video using number line Number Line Integer Addition
- Video using colors Color Counter Integer Addition
Take a picture of your assignment and email it to me. Make sure I can read it, because I am going to check it. I will reply to your email and let you know if you are on the right track or if you need to try again.