Durham Media Center is collaborating with Mrs. Meder’s, Mrs. Forester’s, Mrs. Clements’, and Mrs. Bitler’s 6th grade Social Studies students on their Current Events Research Project. For the first article review, we will concentrate on locating magazine and news articles on current events (within the last 3 months) in Europe. Mrs. Baker will be guiding students through the Cobb Digital Library via a Current Event Pathfinder and will teach students how to locate current issues within the Opposing Viewpoints in Context database. Assignment guidelines have been established by individual teachers and are posted within their blogs.
Essential Questions: At the end of the day with Mrs. Baker, students should be able to answer the following Essential Questions:
1. How do we access current events within Cobb Digital Library?
2. Why do we access current events within Cobb Digital Library?
For this assignment, students will need the following:
1. Use the Current Event Pathfinder to guide you step-by-step through your Cobb Digital Library research.
2. Use the graphic organizer, Extra! Extra! Read All About It! , to help guide your note-taking from the current issue article you select.
3. Be sure you have the assignment guidelines shared by your classroom teacher which also include the assignment rubric.