The mission of school library media programs in the Cobb County School District is to . . .
Positively impact student achievement by establishing instructional partnerships, implementing evidence-based practice, and providing reliable resources in an environment welcoming to all stakeholders.
The goals of school library media programs in the Cobb County School District are:
- To help students acquire the information literacy skills that will empower their intellectual, academic, and personal growth.
- To provide access to information resources and materials that support the curriculum, serve as resources for differentiated instruction, and satisfy the intellectual and aesthetic interests of students.
- To employ library media instructional practices that have a proven impact on student achievement.
- To support fellow teachers through collaborative planning, co-teaching, and co-assessment.
- To create open, inviting environments where students and staff feel comfortable seeking out information related to their academic needs or personal interests.
- To provide the resources and personal assistance needed for students and teachers to locate, evaluate, and apply information to solve problems.
Durham Library Media Center Philosophies and Goals
- The media center is a dynamic center of learning and the instructional hub of the school.
- Collaboration between the media center and classroom teachers improves student learning.
- The media center program, resources and staff play a vital role in student achievement.
- Support student achievement by increasing the quantity and quality of collaboration between the media center staff and teachers.
- Utilize media resources with an emphasis on Cobb Digital Library and Destiny.
- Provide instructional opportunities for students and teachers.
Cobb County Media Program Rules: IFBC-R Media Program Rules