The student group of the Durham Library Media Committee is becoming the Durham Library Ambassadors!
The mission of Durham’s Library Ambassador organization is to engage student leaders in promoting school library programs, resources, and services. Students with a passion for reading and learning serve as a link between the school library and the school community.
Library Ambassadors should demonstrate:
- A desire to promote reading.
- A desire to promote the library.
- The ability to work cooperatively with people of various ages and backgrounds.
- The ability to fulfill organization participation and service requirements.
Library Ambassadors must meet the following membership requirements:
- Volunteer around different areas of the library.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of library programs and promotions.
- Attend meetings for training, project planning, etc.
- Act as a peer mentor within the organization.
- Answer questions within the classroom setting regarding library resources.
- Act as a leader by example, in and out of the library.
*This model and its descriptions are adapted from McEachern High School Media Specialist, Susan Buckert’s Library Ambassadors program. All credit is owed to her.