Hey Library Media Committee Kiddos!
During the week of Monday, February 3rd – Friday, February 7th we will be creating our annual “Blind Date with a Book” which will be featured during Valentine’s week.
Visit the media center between 8:30 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. to wrap and prepare your books. The media center will have all the materials you need, but you are welcome to bring in whatever you’d like to supplement.
Here are the steps to take to prepare your books:
- Choose a book you enjoyed that you think other students will also enjoy. Try to select titles that are not currently one of our top checkouts. (If you are unsure about the popularity of a title, check with Mrs. Baker or Mrs. Webb.)
- Type up the barcode number and a brief description that will incite students to want to go on a blind date with your book.
- Type the details from #2 on the spreadsheet linked below.
- Cover your book so that the cover does not show through. Add your typed barcode and description to the front cover.
- Display your book!
- Encourage your friends and classmates to take a book on a blind date.
IMPORTANT! Before covering your books, add the title and barcode to this Excel spreadsheet: Blind Date with a Book 2017!