All cadets should complete the following survey by Friday, May 19, 2017
Any parents that wish to take a survey should complete the following:
Nationals team members are invited (and expected!) to attend a recognition ceremony that will take place before the CCSD Board on Thursday, May 18 at 6:15pm. Participating cadets should come in NSU (buttercup) uniform with ribbons and medals to the district headquarters at 514 Glover St, Marietta, GA 30060 no later than 6:15pm. The ceremony will be over by 7pm.
Jackets had a great Navy Nationals; now go get recognized!
Sprayberry NJROTC 8th Annual Awards Picnic
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Picnic Lunch Served at 11:00 am
Awards at 12:00 pm
Cadets: Free; All other guests: $5
After picnic/awards- Beach, Volleyball, Swimming, Fishing, Boating…bring appropriate gear!
Location: Navy Lake Site at Allatoona, 166 Sandtown Road Military Park, Cartersville, GA 30121
From I-75 Northbound: Exit I-75 at Exit 283. Turn right onto Old Allatoona Rd (turns into Sandtown Rd.) Continue on Sandtown Rd. for approx. 3.5 miles. The park is located on the left.
GPS Coordinates: LAT 34.089519, LON -84.720851: Scan below on Smartphone for Google Maps directions.
NJROTC Picnic 2017flyer-1lfcezw
The Jacket Battalion had an amazing trip to Navy Nationals at Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL on April 7 and 8. The unit competed with the top 24 NJROTC units across the nation and earned the title of National Athletic Champions taking first place overall athletics with 1st place finishes in Curl-ups, Push-ups and the 16×100. Sprayberry now holds the all time record in curl-ups at the event. The unit finished 11th overall.
Individual Athletic awards went to:
Jacob Tucker: 6th place (tie) push-ups (118)
Matias “TP” Teixeira-Prates: 6th place (tie) push-ups (118)
Rigel Forman: 3rd place push-ups (124) and 2nd place curl-ups (331)
2017 Navy Nationals Schedule-u8fjzr
2017 Navy Nationals Itinerary Sprayberry NJROTC
Thursday, April 6
– 6:00am: Depart Sprayberry
– 7:15-8:30am (CDT): Visit Auburn NROTC
– Noon: Stop for lunch
– 1:30-4:30pm: Visit Fort Pickens; Langdon Beach
– 5:15pm: Check-in Springhill Suites, 487 Creighton Rd.
– 6pm: Go to dinner at local restaurant; return to hotel.
– 10:30pm: All cadets in rooms; study; prep; lights out.
Friday, April 7
– 7am: Wake-Up
– 7:30am: Eat breakfast at hotel; Girls should prep hair for inspection.
– 9:15am: Depart for NAS Pensacola in PT Gear (20 minute drive)
– 10am: Stage uniforms and gear in drill hall
– 10:15am: Lunch in galley
– 11:15am: Change into uniforms in drill hall
– 12:15pm: Personnel Inspection; 12:45 Color Guard
– 1pm: Change into PT gear; 2:15 Curl-ups, 3pm Push-ups, 4pm 220, 5pm 100
– 5:30pm: Dinner in galley
– 6:30pm: Non-Academic team cadets return to hotel; Academic Team study
– 7:45pm: Academic Test
– 8:45pm: Academic team return to hotel
– 10pm: All cadets in rooms; lights out.
Saturday, April 8
– 5:30am: Wake-Up
– 6:15am Depart for NAS Pensacola in PT Gear (20 minute drive)
– 7am: Breakfast in galley
– 7:30am: Unarmed/Armed Basic Team change into uniform/practice; on deck at 8:15. 8:30: UB.
– 9am: All cadets change into uniform; Armed Basic Practice; on deck at 9:45. 10am: AB.
– 10:30am: All cadets meet with Rear Admiral Stephen Evans, NSTC
– 11am: Lunch in galley
– 12pm: Unarmed Ex and Armed Ex practice; 1:15pm: UX; 2:45pm: AX
– 3pm: Unit Photo
– 4:30pm: Dinner in galley
– 5:30pm: Base exchange shopping
– 6:30pm-8:30pm Awards Ceremony at Naval Air Museum
– TBD Return to hotel
Sunday, April 9
– 7am: Wake-Up
– 7:30am Eat breakfast at hotel
– 8:30am Depart for Ft Benning
– 1:30pm (EDT): Visit National Infantry Museum/Lunch
– 4pm: Depart for Sprayberry
– 6pm: Arrive Sprayberry
All participating cadets must return this signed by parents asap:
Last Saturday, the top 16 NJROTC units in Area 12 converged in Coffee county for the Area 12 (all of GA and N. FL) Drill Championship. This year, the top 2 teams earned a bid to the Navy Nationals in Pensacola this April 7,8. Sprayberry dominated in athletics and inspection and held their own in all other categories. Final results were:
1. Nease (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
Sprayberry is the top unit in the state of Georgia for the second straight year, and will be Georgia’s only representative at the competition.
The unit took first place overall athletic, first place inspection, 2nd Unarmed Basic, 3rd Color Guard, 5th Armed Basic, 1st Curl-ups, 1st Push-ups, 2nd 16×100 Mixed Relay, 4th 8×220 Mixed Relay. Individual athletic awards went to Rigel Forman, Michael Cooper, Daniel Petruccelli, Ricardo Marquez, Jacob Tucker, Elson Reyes, Stensy Ramirez-Castro, Cris Estrella-Rodriguez and Amanda Yancey.
Which leads us to Navy Nationals. The Navy Nationals Academic, Athletic and Drill Competition is an annual assembly of the finest NJROTC units in the world, consisting of the top 25 units out of over 600 worldwide. The competition challenges units in all aspects of NJROTC with a Military Inspection, Academic Test, drill events in Color Guard, Armed and Unarmed Basic and Exhibition Drill, Mixed Team Push-ups, Curl-ups, 16×100 and 8×220 relay races. Teams consist of a maximum of 40 cadets.
Permission/Agreement of Indemnity form: