Go to http://schoology.com
All new notes and worksheets have been added. I will continue to add more things to schoology as the week goes on and we have more we need to add.
Hello new students:
You can find all notes, worksheets, quizzes, tests, study materials, syllabus (basically everything) on http://www.schoology.com
This blog will be used just for updates to my schoology account.
You will need to get the activation code for schoology from me personally.
Here are the numbers to study for the Unit 3 Test:
- 535 Congress members
- 100 Senators
- 435 House of Representatives members
- 1/3 of the Senators are up for re-election every 2 years
- Senator term = 6 years split into three 2 year terms
- House of Representatives term = 2 year terms
- House age requirement = 25 years old
- Senators age requirement = 30 years old
- To override a veto from a President, there must be a 2/3 vote in the entire Congress
- A majority in the House of Representatives is 218 (51%)
- A majority in the Senate is 51 (51%)
- Current Congressional term is 115
- Congressional districts are reapportioned every 10 years with the census
I’m out today (obviously) so here are your assignments for the day:
- Political Ideology Survey – Youth Leadership – click on this link to take the survey. Take it seriously and consider your answers carefully. Don’t just Christmas tree it to get done. Once you’re done, answer the questions on the worksheet the sub gave you. You will hand in your worksheet before you leave today.
- If you want to see what candidates you line up with, take the isidewith.com Quiz. This will tell you which candidates running for President in 2020 (potential candidates) you line up with and which political parties you match.
- Register To Vote – If you want to register to vote in Georgia (or to see if you’re eligible to register) click on the link and it will walk you through the process. It takes less than 10 minutes and it will get you civically involved!!! 🙂
- Basic Instructions for Presidents Project – click on this link for the basic instructions you need to do your Presidents Project.
- Look on my blog a few posts down to find the detailed instructions and research links to help you finish it.
- President Assignments – click on this link if you forgot which President you have. There are tabs across the bottom for your class. The sub also has the list too if you can’t figure out where to find your class.
You have lots of work to do today. Use your time wisely and don’t act like a fool. I will be back tomorrow and we will start Unit 3.
You may listen to music, talk to each other, help each other, but keep it to a dull roar please. The sub is instructed to shut down any nonsense.
If you need to go to the bathroom, write a pass including your name, current time, where you’re going, and take it to the sub to get it signed. YOU MAY NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE. 🙂