Students are in the final stretch as Quarter 2 ends next week! Quarter 2 Report Cards will be available in ParentVue and StudentVue Thursday, January 5, 2018. Parents if you still do not have access to ParentVue please come by our guidance department to obtain your access code. Please note that students have this report feature in StudentVue. Jingle Jam Fun will take place … Wednesday December 20, 2017! Grade level teams and hallways are responsible for the organization of the logistics to carry out the Jingle Jam Fun! Fun will include: Holiday Shows, Holiday Tunes, Crafts, Games, and Snacks (Students may bring their own card and board games and snacks.) Students are to show Respect, Effort, and Pride, exhibiting desirable behavior to earn participation in this event. That criteria was shared with students and notification sent home to parents in the progress envelopes as well. Upcoming Concerts at 7PM:
- 6th Orchestra Winter Concert Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at WHS.
- 7th and 8th Band Winter Concert Thursday, December 14, 2017 at WHS.
- Note: All Grades Chorus Winter Concert – Rescheduled! Monday, December 19, 2017 in the ECMS Theater @ 9:30AM. We invite parents to attend.
- Chamber Orchestra SWAW on Saturday December 16, 2017 @ 11am.
Mark your calendar:
- Early Release @ 1:30pm – December 19, 2017 & December 20, 2017
- Winter Break – December 21, 2017 – January 1. 2018
- Student Holiday – January 2, 2018 & January 3, 2018
- Students Return to School – January 4, 2018
- 8th Grade Field Trip will be rescheduled for semester
All parents are encouraged to participate in The Georgia Parent Survey. The data is used as part of the calculation of the School Climate Star Rating. Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis. The Georgia Parent Survey is also available in Spanish. Parents may select the Spanish version within the survey. The survey link can be found on our ECMS website as well as the PTSA website. You may take the survey on a computer, smartphone, or tablet. There are computers for your use in our Parent Resource Room at East Cobb if needed. Your participation is appreciated. Parents PTSA could use more help with the Staff Holiday Luncheon this Friday December 15, 2017. Please sign up to volunteer, there is a Signup Genius on the PTSA website. Thanks for all that you do all of the time!