- Warm-up 75-77
- We went over the democracies quiz and corrections today and checked M22 notes. Students worked on government assignments and USA Test Prep.
government assignments are due Wednesday (if you haven’t already turned them in.)
Government test – Thursday (study M22 notes and quiz corrections)
- Warm-up 71-72
- Two Democracies…Take Two – Students corrected missed questions from yesterday’s democracies quiz and then worked on their country comparisons.
finish quiz corrections if needed
1. Warm-ups #69-70
2. Students took the types of democracy quiz and then worked on country comparisons.
finish M22 country comparison notes and comprehension questions
- Warm-ups 67-68
- We reviewed parliamentary and presidential democracies today and went over Friday’s exit ticket. Students used Jumble Notes to add missing details to their organizer and then worked to finish up the comparison of Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey’s systems of government.
Students will take a checkpoint quiz over autocracy, parliamentary and presidential democracies on Wednesday. Here is the Quizizz game code if you did not have time to play during class. 860269
- autocracy, parliamentary and presidential democracy quiz on Wednesday – quizizz code = 860269
- Retest for SW Asia History unit test is Wednesday (remediation assignment on “2018 remediation assignment” page) and available in class for students – Quizizz code for history retest review – 171171
Students read and completed notes about parliamentary and presidential democracies, then began comparing the government systems of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.
Students turned in their study guide and took the history unit test today. Students know their test score, and I will post grades in Synergy tomorrow. I will also post remediation and retest information for those who qualify to retest under the new quarter 2 guidelines.
- “Show me what you Know” warm-up. Students took a practice test on the modern conflicts to see which ones they need to focus on tonight as they study.
- Students finished and turned in the 4 activities sheet. If you didn’t finish it, you may finish after the test tomorrow. We also had time to work on study guides/KIM charts to prepare for the test.
study guide due and test tomorrow
Quizizz game code: 990897
Students turned in warm-ups today and then reviewed last week’s creation of Israel quiz. We also went over the modern conflicts of SW Asia chart M20. Students were able to add or correct their organizer as needed. I returned the modern conflicts activities, and students worked on them while watching some video clips about the modern conflicts.
study guide due and unit test – Wednesday