- SS #16
- Students finished researching their new city and determined if they should live there or not based on the geographic factors. We will spend tomorrow and Friday creating our persuasive city brochures.
print pictures to use on your brochure if you want to (NOT required – and remember only 50% may be printed out, the rest must be hand-drawn)
- SS #13-14
- We watched a video to discuss how geography impacts the development of culture today. We will be using these ideas this week as we work on a new standard.
- Students finished mini-tasks. If you did not finish and turn it in today, please finish in homeroom, come to help session tomorrow morning, or finish tonight.
Map retest is tomorrow at 8:15 or during class. Students who remediated today should be ready to test tomorrow.
- some need to finish mini-tasks
- some need to study for the re-assessment (notes were sent home with students)
- Warm-ups 7-8
- Students analyzed relative location and importance of the features we are learning about in SW Asia. We also wrote GEO Riddles. If you did not finish M4, please finish for homework. Here are the resources we used in class today.
Poster Stations: Southwest Asia Geography student-1v5gr81
Green sheet: pol_info_swa-177jsyc
Completing these activities will serve as your study time for Friday’s map assessment. If you finished M4, you should review it, along with your M2 map.
study for map assessment
- Warm-ups 5-6
- Students finished SW Asia maps, and the class went over the maps together.
Quizlet Flashcards: https://quizlet.com/_2etk0n
Study for the map test Friday