WELCOME BACK FROM FALL BREAK!!
Here is what is coming up this week:
All grades will begin working in Dreambox Learning, a program that continuously assesses students to present them with targeted math lessons. Dreambox technology tracks each student interaction and evaluates the strategies used to solve problems. We will be working in Dreambox one class session per week, however, please encourage your child to work in Dreambox at home for a few minutes each day. With that said, the program is designed for students to work independently so that it can continually adjust to fit their specific math needs. Therefore, when your child is working at home, please make sure they are not using calculators, scratch paper, or receiving your assistance to complete math problems (within Dreambox). Essentially, all their “work” should be done in Dreambox so that they can have a true depiction of their progress. However, feel free to help them navigate this new program as there is a learning curve involved. Students will be required to complete a minimum of 5 lessons and log at least 60 minutes of active practice each week for a 50 point grade.
The login for students is their lunch number (username and password).
If needed, the school code is: xe2y/fkzz
Here is the Dreambox link: http://play.dreambox.com/login/xe2y/fkzz
Parents, you can create a free parent account to track your child’s progress, download the directions here: https://play.dreambox.com/teachers/pdf_login_info?cid=1293684
Dreambox helpful hints:
- Be okay with mistakes. As long as students complete lessons, DreamBox will be able to assess their comprehension and adapt.
- Work independently. Helping a student through a lesson can progress them beyond their current abilities and lead to frustration.
- Only use the virtual manipulatives. DreamBox lessons are designed for students to think through problems without the use of pencil and paper.
- Use the help/hint button when needed.
- Use headphones with the volume on.
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!