Make sure you can answer the following questions for your SS test tomorrow.
1. What year did WWI begin in Europe? 1914
2. WWI started between which two countries? Austria-Hungary and Serbia
3. What was the US’s attitude towards WWI at the beginning of the war? They didn’t want to get involved. They were practicing isolationism.
4. How many people died on the Lusitania? 1,200 people
5. What year id the US become involved in WWI? 1917
6. In which city was jazz most popular? New Orleans
7. Where is Harlem located? New York
8. Which team did Babe Ruth play for? New York Yankees
9. What were some benefits of the automobile being mass produced? It made it easier to make and cheaper to sell, so more people could afford one. It also allowed people to move around easier. More people moved into suburbs because they could easily drive to their jobs in the city.
10. What was the name of Charles Lindbergh’s plane? Spirit of St. Louis
If your student has not previously been photographed for the yearbook, pictures will be taken on Tuesday, February 27th. These pictures are for the yearbook only and are not available for purchase.
Georgia Parent Survey
Parents please complete this survey as it calculates into our School Climate Rating and reflects on us as an entire school, teaching staff, and community. The Georgia Parent Survey is required for all schools in Georgia. Parents may complete the survey using their personal computer, smartphones or tablet. All parents should be encouraged to participate in the Georgia Parent Survey because the data will be used as part of the calculation of the School Climate Star Rating. Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis. Individual data results from the Georgia Parent Survey will not be available to the public and will not be posted online. The URL address for the Georgia Parent Survey is posted below.
Georgia Parent Survey:
Frey is joining 32,000 schools nation-wide to host a Jump Rope for Heart event. Through Jump Rope For Heart kids learn jump rope skills, how their heart works and raise money to help kids with special hearts.
Students will have fun, learn how to stay healthy and make a difference in the lives of others! Money raised during this event goes directly to the American Heart Association and funds are used to help kids across the nation that are born with heart-related illnesses.
Registration and donation information has been sent home with students. You can register your student on-line at heart.org/jump. No money is to be sent to school until the day of the event.
3rd, 4th and 5th Grades – Thursday, February 15th
The Cells and Microorganisms Test will be on
Monday, February 5th
The study guide for the test is posted to Seesaw. Students should also use the notes in their Science Journal to study.
School is canceled for tomorrow! Enjoy the snow/ice! Also, please complete both Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s math homework as well as the USA Test Prep assignment labeled “Line Plots-Snow Day”. Stay safe and see you Thursday!
Due to inclement weather, CCSD is cancelling ALL after school and evening activities except for ASP. However, although ASP will remain open, parents are strongly encouraged to pick up their children as soon as possible. In addition, we will be monitoring the weather situation and hope to make a decision regarding tomorrow by 10 pm this evening. Please stay tuned.
Ms. Ross and Mrs. McRorie
January 19 is the deadline to purchase 5th grade yearbook dedications. Go to https://yearbookordercenter.com/ use code 18885 and select “Buy a Yearbook Ad” Contact the PTA with any questions.
Hello Team McRoss,
Due to the winter wonderland outside, Cobb County has decided to dismiss elementary schools at 1:30 today. ASP will be canceled. If you’d like to change your child’s transportation, please call Frey’s office at 770-975-6655.
Enjoy the snow!
Our students will be doing an “Ugly Holiday Sweater” activity and we are asking for supply donations to help make this fun! Please send in any of the following by Monday December 11th:
- wrapping paper
- construction paper
- colored pom-pom balls
- tissue paper
- really any holiday tackiness you would like to add to the collection! (items do not have to be new, they could be scraps you have around the house)
Thank you in advance for your help. We look forward to you seeing our creations at the our Holiday Party on the 19th!