STEM Camp Cobb is back for Fall break! We are offering this opportunity to Cobb students, grades 2-8. Students have choices of sessions including 3D printing, underwater robotics, field trip to iFly (indoor skydiving), and much more! Check out www.stemcobb.com or download/share this flyer. Now offered at three locations (Ford, Mableton, Pitner)!
Frey Elementary is celebrating the diversity and heritage of our families by hosting a Multicultural Night on Thursday, August 30th at 6:30 pm! In addition to some guest performances, families will have the opportunity to share about their culture and learn about the many others at Frey in the process. All are invited to attend this community celebration free of charge! If you are interested in contributing to one or more of your family’s country displays, please click HERE to sign up!
By filling out this form, you are agreeing to not only attend the Frey Elementary Multicultural Night, but to also contribute to a display. Please indicate all the ways you are willing to contribute and plan to arrive between 5:30 and 6 on the evening of August 30th to help set up the display.
It’s Saturday! THE MUSICAL
October 4, 2018 – 6:30 pm
We will present our 5th Grade Musical “It’s Saturday!” on Thursday, October 4 at 6:30 PM in the Frey Cafetorium. All 5th grade students will participate in this performance.
Please assist us with this event by downloading the music from Mrs. Hurley’s blog so that your child may listen to the songs at home!
To access the password protected dropbox, follow this link:
The password = music
It was so wonderful to meet many of you at Sneak-a-Peek! We can already tell that it is going to be a fabulous fifth grade year, and we can’t wait to get started!
Here’s a quick review of what we went over during the Open House portion of our meeting today:
- We are one big team!
- Check the blogs often. Remember, there is a specific blog for each subject area as well as this team blog.
- Know what’s going on in Team McTopss by signing up for our class Remind Texts HERE.
- If you have not already done so, click HERE to complete the online Student Information Form.
- Parents AND students, click HERE to look over the Class Syllabus and sign off that you read it.
- If you want to know more specifics about our team, as well as Frey procedures, click HERE.
- You matter to us! We can’t wait for another year at the Best School in the Nation to begin!!!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to email us at any time. We’re looking forward to a wonderful year together!
See you Wednesday,
Ms. Ross, Mrs. McRorie, Mr. Tesar, & Ms. Popilek
Hello Team McTopss!
We are so excited to welcome you to your final year here at the best school in the nation! As you now know, you are a part of Team McTopss, and we cannot wait to meet each and every one of you. We hope you are looking forward to this year as much as we are, and what a year it is going to be!
Get ready to dive into some gripping novels, go back in time to some of history’s most monumental moments, hone your writing craft, develop a love of all things mathematical, and uncover some of our world’s most intriguing mysteries. Everyday in Team McTopss will bring about new discoveries and thoughtful discussions. You are now the leaders at Frey Elementary School, and as Peter Parker’s Uncle Ben once told him, “With great power comes great responsibility.” So, enjoy your last few days of summer, and start getting your brains ready for a year full of learning!
We look forward to meeting you all at our combined Sneak-a-Peek and Open House on Monday, July 30th at 8:00 am!
To get a head start click HERE to complete the Student Information Sheet, and check out the 5th Grade Syllabus as well as our Class Information page to begin learning all about Team McTopss! Also, sign up for our Remind texts HERE so you can stay up to date on all things Frey.
You matter to us.
Mrs. McRorie, Ms. Popilek, Ms. Ross, and Mr. Tesar
(These were not on the original supply list)
Sturdy plastic folder
Composition journal for the STEM Lab
- Large sturdy pencil bag
- 1 white 1.5 Avery 3-ring binder with plastic slip in front
- 1 package double-sided plastic divider binder pockets (no paper please)
- 2 packs pencils
- 4 large glue sticks
- 1 package colored pencils
- 1 package assorted colored pens such as Paper Mate Flair Tip Pens
- 1 package of multi-colored highlighters
- 2 packs Black Dry Erase Markers
- 3 composition notebooks (9.75 in x 7.5 in)
- 3 spiral single subject notebooks
- 2 packages of square sticky notes
- Pencil sharpener for pencil bag
- 2 BIG PINK erasers
- 1 black sharpie
- 1 box Kleenex
- 2 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- 1 container of Clorox Wipes
- Headphones/ear buds
*These supplies are YOUR CHILD’s individual supplies. They will keep what they bring in THEIR individual supply container. In 5th, we do not do shared supplies. What you buy is what they keep.