The individual magnet schools are starting to hold their open houses this week.
- Friday, October 4, 2019 at 7:30 PM – Pebblebrook High School @ Cobb County Civic Center Excellence in the Performing Arts
- Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 1:30 PM – Campbell High School International Baccalaureate Program
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM – North Cobb High School International Studies
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM – Kennesaw Mountain High School Academy of Mathematics, Science, and Technology
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 6:30 PM – South Cobb High School Academy of Research and Medical Sciences
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 6:00 pm – Wheeler High School Advanced Studies in Science, Mathematics, & Technology
The Parent Information Sessions for the Magnet Programs are on the calendar for the following dates and times.
Thursday, September 5th at South Cobb High School from 6:30 – 8:00pm
Tuesday, September 10th at North Cobb High School from 6:30 – 8:00pm
These sessions are for prospective Magnet families. The sessions are designed to give parents an overview of each of our programs and clarify the application process. Parents may attend either session. Please feel free to post this on your school’s website.
A few representatives from the Cobb’s magnet programs will be visiting 8th grade students at an assembly on September 16th at 2:30pm in Floyd’s Theater. Parents are welcome to attend.
Additionally, there will be an overview of all the magnet programs for parents on September 5th at School Cobb High School an on September 10th at North Cobb High School. Both programs run from 6:30-8pm.
We would just like to welcome everyone to the 2019-2020 school year. We will be updating this blog throughout the year with important information we want you to know.
We hope everyone has a great school year!
-Rebecca and Kim
End of Grade testing starts next week. Make sure to get a good night’s sleep each night and to study hard. Good luck to all!
8th grade students who will be attending Osborne and South Cobb will be registering for their electives during homeroom and 3rd period on Wednesday, February 13th. They will not be bringing these forms home however, a copy of their completed registration forms will be sent home by the each high school in April. If you want to go over the class choices with your student, a copy of each school’s catalog is available below.
South Cobb Elective Catalog
Osborne Registration Catalog
The deadline for magnet school applications for the 2019-20 school year is this Saturday, December 1st.
Please visit the Magnet Website for the application.
Pebblebrook’s magnet program will be meeting with interested students this Thursday, November 29th in Floyd’s theater. They will be giving out information on the audition process. Auditions will be held in Floyd’s theater on Wednesday, December 12th.
Welcome back to school Floyd family! I am excited to be here at Floyd with you this year!